Topic: Editing help

Hey all.  I've been working on a set of short (5-8k words) transformation stories that I'd like to someday publish as eBooks.  To deliver a product that people would actually pay to read, I need some editing and feedback to ensure they get their money's worth.  To that end I am looking for some beta readers to read my shorts and send me some constructive feedback.  I'm not sure how I'll transmit the files yet, I need to see if I can send PDFs through the site private messages.  I'd also love some artwork from those more artistically inclined than me (I do great geometrics and landscapes, not really useful for my stories).  I'd be willing to do custom short stories in exchange.

Re: Editing help

I'd like to beta-read. Just depends on how quickly you need feedback, as I currently have little time for myself.

You could send it to my email: szorr2002@yahoo.com

How many stories are there? I wouldn't mind reading some of them, or all if it is not too many. What exactly is it you want feedback for? If it is about the transformations themselves and the ideas, people have different preferences. What some love, others hate, and the other way around. But if it is about the writing and characters and so on, people normally agrees more.

My address: durianglass@gmail.com
If or when you send the stories I will delete my mailadress. This is because now and then there are bots who gets registered and spreads spam even in boards like these. Once they are in, it is also possible for them to pick up addresses posted by others. Call me paranoid, but I just can't stand spam.

For editing, I would prefer a .doc or similar, as I have found that being able to track changes helps a person see what it is that could use some punch up/grammar/spelling.  Seeing changes in line is so much nicer for being able to stomp out bad habits and behaviors in writing, and let's the writter also just blanket nope changes while keeping others in.  My $.02

I'll try and go through the question in rough order.  While I'd like feedback eventually, it don't have to be right away.  This will likely be a several month process.  However, I will be continually iterating in the feedback I get, so someone who joins in the reading late might get an updated copy.  I have two stories done now, though one is a sequel to a third story I'm finishing up (They used to be one story I broke in two).  I figure I would put out a new story every 2-3 weeks, depending on how much editing I have to do.
Part of the feedback I'm looking for is grammatical.  Sometimes different version of software catch different errors and sometimes I've been over a point so often I just miss it.  But I'm also looking for continuity things.  Is enough of the universe explained that you understand what's going on?  Do I give a character huge boobs early on then make her do stuff that seems to ignore them?  Question readers ask that I don't adequately answer.  I don't exactly need critiques on the transformations themselves, I plan to do a bit of a variety of different types to give potential readers some options.  Of the three I have now, 2 are similar to the game-show stories I've already done on the site, while the third is completely different.  Though they will all be sexual transformation stories, I won't make you read a book about fishing (unless it involved sex with ex-human fish or the like).  I have other beta readers for vanilla stories.
I can do .doc if that will work better for my readers.   I just need to finish the front matter for the story ready to go and hopefully I can get it out by Monday.

I've done a fair bit of copy editing in my time, I'd be happy to help you out!

Thislinktomyinbox@gmail.com

Sounds like google docs would be a good choice: version history, everyone gets to see the latest version, can highlight/comment on sections (but not edit if you choose so) and you can control access pretty well.
I'd be happy to proofread too, you can PM me if you want my email.

I decided to go with Annon's suggestion and set up a google doc.  Blah and Rexin I sent you shares already and will PM others about sending them a link.  The first story for edit is a bit different than normal forum fair, dealing with human furniture, but I still feel it is in the spirit of bizarre sexual transformations and body modification.  I'm out of town for a few days starting tomorrow, so that will give you guys plenty of time to read it before I start making fixes.

Could you post a link here later on when you are done and released it? tongue

My second story for edit is up. A continuation of the first one I posted, that delves a bit more into other types of transformation.  Not quite to the level of hardcore transformations that some on this forum do, but getting steadily darker.  I have a third part planned to round out the shorts that I'll have done by next week.  Still hoping for reads and comments on the first part.
  MuhOo, of course I'll link something here when I start publishing them, as long as the forum heads don't mind me doing a bit of self advertising.  This is my target audience for (most of) my work, why would I exclude it?

I've added three more stories to the drive.  Two are game show style transformation while the third is a different series about a zoo for bizarrely changed animals.  For those who have looked over my other two stories so far, I appreciate the feedback.  For those still looking to get in, send me a PM, I'm always looked for more feedback.  I also posted full length versions of my other forum stories.  While not as new as my other offerings, they could also use a once over from a fresh set of eyes.

Hey all, I've added several stories to the drive over the past month, including three just today.  I'm really looking for some feedback soon, as I plan to start working on publishing them in the near future.  Send me a PM and I'll connect you to the drive.  I'm also looking for artists to help me with the covers or supply art for the inside.  I'd be willing to trade commission stories for art.

When there are multiples in one folder and they need to be read in order, could you please number the documents? That way it's easy to know where to start. For example "Nora the Alchemist 1:...".
Will look at the new ones soon!

Done, they should be all labeled.  Sorry for the confusion

Hey all, another progress update.  The first two stories of my Nora the Alchemist series are finally up on Amazon.  While this series is a bit tamer than most on the boards, both stories are chock full of strange transformations.  I encourage you to take a look.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0160T … amp;sr=8-1
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0161O … amp;sr=8-2

I'm hoping to get more stories up in the next week or so, but I need a lot of editing help.  Thanks so much for the handful that have already participated, but I need a few more pairs of eyes before I can get the ball rolling on the many stories I have prepared.  Send me a PM if you want to help.

Thanks! Maybe i'll check them out.

Thanks for the stories big_smile