1 (edited by octitpus 2016-04-20 01:40)

Topic: Considering commissioning a merging/plant-tf/cloning/hive-mind story

I was thinking about ways someone could, without magic, become functionally immortal. I remember reading somewhere that neural remodeling tends to positively reinforce existing neural pathways with use - my idea was that if you could connect two brains together in such a way that all existing neural pathways from each individual are left intact but each brain is able to trigger any of the other brain's neural pathways the two brains might act like a single brain and, if connected together for a sufficiently long time, might share personalities when separated (apparently there's a professor at Duke who's doing something similar with mice: http://www.nature.com/articles/srep11869). Expand the brain network by a couple thousand people (somehow) and replace the ones that die with new blood and the personality of the macro-brain stays pretty stable over time.

Since I frequent this site a lot - it's my number one source for weird tf smut - it should come as no surprise that things devolved rapidly from there. Some ideas:

- A man clones himself twice: One clone is a straight clone, same gender, same everything. The other "clone" is a female version of him derived by copying his x chromosome over his y chromosome. His brain is connected to those of the two clones from when they're in the womb, so, having basically the same brain, they grow up to have the same personality. This brain linkage thing is inheritable so when the clones are over 18 and the guy clone knocks up the girl clone, their child (also a clone of the first guy) also shares personality/body and over time the number of bodies increases exponentially...
- The ability to link brains with someone not already linked can be transmitted by drinking breastmilk from one of a macro-organism's (see above) bodies. When two people who have drank contaminated breastmilk have sex (or otherwise penetrate each other), they merge into a tree trunk thing rooted to the ground by their legs-turned-tentacles and their arms turn into copies of their original bodies, both having both penis and vagina, which the tree thing uses to knock itself up and grow a new hive-mind. Periodically the arm-bodies mitosis so the number of wombs increases with time.
- Body-swapping between macro-people
- Selective breeding of bodies into different breeds (as a dog)

etc...

I really want this to make it into the literature but I'm way too busy to even start to flesh anything out. I have no idea what something of this nature would cost, and I'm not sure how much you'd be writing so your input/questions/suggestions for other transformations that fit into the overarching theme would be much appreciated here.

Re: Considering commissioning a merging/plant-tf/cloning/hive-mind story

The mind link and two body stories can be a lot of fun. I've enjoyed plenty of them.

There's a small selection of branches involving mind-syncing/linking on Writing.com you might like. Mind Sync

Twitter! Occasional images & chatter when I write.
Now Inactive F-list Profile: https://www.f-list.net/c/terra%20blackwell/
Play my Legends of Belial Text Adventure: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/13966557/
Read my Interactive Fiction: http://www.writing.com/main/interact/it … te-Control

As I do a bunch of writing on this site, as well as paid stories and commissions, I thought I'd drop in my two cents.  What you have right now is the vague outline of what I'll call a "universe."  In this universe, the technology exists for this type of mind cloning and other genetic manipulation.  That could be the only change, or you could mess with stuff like era (present or syfy future). location (our world or an imaginary one like belial), etc.  Part of that decision is how this change has effected the rest of the world.  Is this just some guy tinkering in his basement?  Are there entire towns or cities of clones, or maybe even an entire country?

Once you've ironed out the universe a bit more, you can start working on the "story."  Do you want a closer view of the first clones?  When they're more established?  How about a man/woman meeting a clone and falling in love, not realizing what he/she's getting in to.  That would be one way to introduce the new concept to your audience.

One last thing, the STEM major in me thinks you really need to explain the genetics more or really work on a good hand waving excuse.  There are very good reasons you don't want people walking around with that similar genetics (disease being a big one), if it doesn't kill them outright (major likelihood of expressing recessive genes).  And even if the first pair are clones of patient zero, their kid would't be a clone of him due to basic genetic diversity.  Even if Mom and Dad have A and B for chromosomes, that leaves AA, AB, and BB for the child's options.  This might be a bit in depth for erotica, but it still breaks the suspension of disbelief.

Redstar00 wrote:

One last thing, the STEM major in me thinks you really need to explain the genetics more or really work on a good hand waving excuse.  There are very good reasons you don't want people walking around with that similar genetics (disease being a big one), if it doesn't kill them outright (major likelihood of expressing recessive genes).  And even if the first pair are clones of patient zero, their kid would't be a clone of him due to basic genetic diversity.  Even if Mom and Dad have A and B for chromosomes, that leaves AA, AB, and BB for the child's options.  This might be a bit in depth for erotica, but it still breaks the suspension of disbelief.

I thought it made sense based on the combinatorics, but of course I'm a physics major, not a bio/genetics major, so I got the combinatorics wrong. For some reason I thought that if you, eg,  crossed two people with genomes that were identical mod sex chromosomes the only genetic differences you could have between their offspring would be the sex chromosomes, but obviously that isn't correct: there would actually be 4*22*2=176 possible genomes, right (two choices between two chromosomes for each of the 22 pairs of autosomes and two possible sexes)?