Topic: Introducing others to sexual transformation

I'm on my last academic vacation I'll ever have so I finally have time to spend on this forum again, as well as actually having the sleep and energy for libido. So I want to do something to help advance this niche genre.

Rather than just having new users be overwhelmed with the amount of content, I want to put together an "introductory package" of stories and art. Depending on the person, some aspects of sexual transformation are more appealing than others, while others are absolutely repulsive. The goal with this is to prevent the latter, so that people don't immediately leave if they don't like what they initially see.

So my question, and request to you is: Which stories or art do you personally think would make for a good showcase of what this genre is about, that wouldn't scare off newbies?

I think OddWeird's Pussy Face Syndrome, as well as some traditional multibreast/multiarm photomanipulation art would be a good place to start.

Re: Introducing others to sexual transformation

I think it's great that you want to do this. Ill see if I can't skim some stories and help find some 'vanilla' content.

If you need any other help send me a message, this is really somthing we should all try n contribute too.

Also it comes to mind, is there any way to grade content? It might be a good idea to come up with some kind of five point scale? Just for organization at least.

Everyone's going to have different tolerances, maybe doing subforums in, for example the Tales of Belial Forum, for people to look at for content, ranging from basic to extreme would be my suggestion, but that might be a lot of work for someone to grind through.  I don't know jack all about web maintenance and setup.

The Multibreast Art Page was a good introduction for me back in the day.

Might also be a good gateway into the genre for others: http://f3.to/mbap/

Haha, I was going to say! The Multibreast Artpage, especially the stories of "Multibreast" (like Winter's Discontent) were a major gateway and influence. Same with some of the more classic and long Bearchive stories.

I'd also recommend Ariel's artwork and comics and KSG's stuff, especially his less extreme morphs.

I second the multibreast page is a good gateway. KSG is a good choice as well. Is there a specific image or images that you prefer?

LamiaWoman wrote:

Everyone's going to have different tolerances, maybe doing subforums in, for example the Tales of Belial Forum, for people to look at for content, ranging from basic to extreme would be my suggestion, but that might be a lot of work for someone to grind through.  I don't know jack all about web maintenance and setup.

This is a great idea but yeah it would be colossal task to organize it all, not to mention there's no metric to decide what is basic vs extreme.

@ indigocarmine & LamiaWoman

I made both of you moderators since you're both trustworthy and so that you can make edits going forward with this. Feel free to make any changes to existing material too.

Checkmate wrote:

I think it's great that you want to do this. Ill see if I can't skim some stories and help find some 'vanilla' content.

If you need any other help send me a message, this is really somthing we should all try n contribute too.

Also it comes to mind, is there any way to grade content? It might be a good idea to come up with some kind of five point scale? Just for organization at least.

haha, "vanilla" content is a great way to put it. I wonder what that makes of non-modified hetero sex.

Speaking of grading transformations in general, I made this old compilation of transformation ideas many years ago. I just copy-pasted it onto a google doc here. It's kind of embarrassing lol, I made this when I was still in high school so that will probably show. It was my way of trying to organize all kinds of transformations that I came across. If sexual body mods ever become real, maybe I will be credited with the first attempt at categorization lol.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NmW … oOZj4/edit

I've sent invitations to the admins and moderators to edit it, everyone else is free to peruse it.

I think this is an excellent idea, so I'll throw in my two cents to hopefully help.  First off, I agree with the fact  people have different likes and dislikes.  Personally, my kink is transformation in general so I can stretch it cover almost anything.  Others though, might be only interested in certain aspects.  Toward that option, how hard would it be to institute a tag system (a la Fictionmania, grommet's plaza, or any of the other many online erotica repositories)?  I'm a mechanical guy not a coder, so this is a bit out of my wheelhouse.  It could be something like MtF/FtM, multibreast, extreme genital growth, etc.  Or we could do a set of ratings like LamiaWoman mentioned.  Maybe 1-5 stars on categories such as sex, transformation intensity, and bizarreness of transformations.  Even if it's not possible to mod that feature into the forum itself, we could just list the tags as the first few lines of the story.  That way they find out before reading if it fits their kinks.  This will take a bit of editing older stories, but we can work that out later.

Another thing we could do is have a little fun with trying to create some content which represents different aspects of the forum material.  When was the list time we had a story contest here?  2014?  If we were able to identify a few basic categories or keywords we wanted to share with the newbies, writers could try basing a story around that concept.  Depending on how many people are interested, we could make it free for all or randomly match authors to categories.  Give the writers a month to crank out their story(s), then host a forum vote.  The winners would get their piece posted in the "welcome to the forum" section. If we need to sweeten the pot, some of us could throw in free commission stories or artwork.  This might even influence a few of the lurkers to try their hand.

Redstar00 wrote:

Another thing we could do is have a little fun with trying to create some content which represents different aspects of the forum material.  When was the list time we had a story contest here?  2014?  If we were able to identify a few basic categories or keywords we wanted to share with the newbies, writers could try basing a story around that concept.  Depending on how many people are interested, we could make it free for all or randomly match authors to categories.  Give the writers a month to crank out their story(s), then host a forum vote.  The winners would get their piece posted in the "welcome to the forum" section. If we need to sweeten the pot, some of us could throw in free commission stories or artwork.  This might even influence a few of the lurkers to try their hand.

Sign me up! ^^

Even if we don't do a contest it would be a good idea to recruit a few writers to do short simple stories (1000 words max) of just basic TFs.

In any case I'm game!

12 (edited by Pronema 2016-07-02 06:57)

I would be interested in a list like this, my first experience reading adult TF stuff was back in the early 2000's with the TF story archive, which was also the first place I think I read Belial stories.

I still have a big thing for TFTG and a bit of macro/micro and anthropomorphism but never really got into more than that. At one point I think I may have thought of turning into clothes a bit interesting but that hasn't interested me in a while.

Edit:

You could also try a more tree like approach to organisation. 

Ala Mental/Physical

Mental - - > Voluntary/Involuntary
Physical - - > Animate/Inanimate

And just keep breaking it down into more and more specific categories sort of like biological classifications.

I think a competition among new users that haven't created stories would be a great idea!

@ Flicker:

I agree with Pronema. A more tree-like approach might help to structure your list and make it easier to comprehend. I had a quick overview and while its a good list, its a very dense text right now.

It might also help to emphasize separation into different categories of transformations, as you've already done.

What might also help, could be to align the different categories with the larger fetish-communities within the TF genre, making it easier how the different types of transformations differ in popularity and overlap with each other on the internet. These categories could look like this:
- Transgender -> Which TFs are most common here, what mental changes and plot structures are the most common, maybe integrating Futanari/Herm TFs as subgroup and link to the wider Futanari/Shemale Fetish.
- Multi-Bodyparts -> Again, what TFs are most common here, which other TFs are most likely to be seen here, maybe Multibreasts and Conjoinments as subgroups?
- Animal TFs -> Furry TFs as subgroup and link to wider Furry community?
etc...

Creating these larger groups and then breaking them down might also help to better work out how the different types of TFs relate to each other.

15 (edited by Checkmate 2016-07-02 16:57)

Redstar00 wrote:

It could be something like MtF/FtM, multibreast, extreme genital growth, etc.  Or we could do a set of ratings like LamiaWoman mentioned.  Maybe 1-5 stars on categories such as sex, transformation intensity, and bizarreness of transformations.  Even if it's not possible to mod that feature into the forum itself, we could just list the tags as the first few lines of the story.  That way they find out before reading if it fits their kinks.  This will take a bit of editing older stories, but we can work that out later.

I think Redstar00's idea for rating would not only be the easiest to understand but also implicate into the forum.

Having the three categories: sex, transformation intensity, bizarreness of transformation. On a 5 point scale. (Witch we can discuss how to rate the scale later if its embraced)

Although I would suggest adding some kind of mental caregorie. Since some transformations are against their will, persuade their minds, leave them incapable of expressing thought or leaving them mindless beasts of instinct.

And maybe a 3 point scale for plot 1-focuse on character, 2-focuse on setting, 3-focuse on transformation.

16 (edited by indigocarmine 2016-07-02 17:00)

I second/third the addition of an agency metric. Voluntary/Involuntary/Forced would be rad. I'm pretty omnivorous about transformations but I strongly prefer voluntary changes or mildly involuntary transformations. Forced changes, especially drawn out ones with an antagonist, are not my fav, so it would be cool to have that flagged.

A mental slider would be cool too. It seems some of us love identity death and some, like me, like characters to mostly retain their original personalities. It would be a good sorting metric.

So maybe like a category list approach: TG, FUR etc, with gender of relations F/F etc, then a scale of extreme body, extreme mind, and extremes of scenario? That would be perfect for me.

So like "Example Story A", which is about a herm multi-breasted leopard-taur, who changes on purpose and retains their mind would be.

Could go:
Cat: TG, FUR, Multiple
Sex: F/M, H/M
Body: 2
Mind: 1
Scenario: V

I like what we're building so far, but I'm worried it might turn into a bit of a mess for some of the longer stories (Belial Idol, Seven Days to a New You, Chick for a Dick, etc).  But I think we might just have to try it for a few stories and see.  For sex I originally was referring to a 1-5 scale (ex from light petting to hardcore orgies), but i think the addition of who is screwing what might also be important as M/M or F/F might be a turnoff for some.  Maybe also have SB or SP for is one of the participants is a sex beast/pet.

For the categories, I'd like to suggest a few others that are popular on the forum, such as Game Show (or possibly just show), adventure, or university (possibly school).  As for scenario, do we want to lump forced under involuntary?  To me it seems like a subset, and I think this categorizing is going to get complicated enough as is.

18 (edited by indigocarmine 2016-07-02 19:31)

I figure most of the stories we like are going to skew pretty sexual. I'm not sure giving it a rating beyond what the genders of the participants are is useful?

For me the distinction between Involuntary and Forced is pretty significant. IV would be like, character has a lab accident or catches a virus or something. So not on purpose but also not in a violent/attacky/enforced way. Where as forced would be like person is kidnapped and transformed or accosted by an Avatar. Transformation with a level of violence or coercion or directly against a person's will. I think these two types of stories read very differently and I, at least, would value the demarcation. I also think it might be helpful for new readers who might not have an appetite for the rougher aspects of TF. But y'know, just a suggestion.

For the longer stories, I purpose we have a LONG category that explains long story with many types and numbers of transformations. And we point out that a lot happens. So Belial Idol might be like:

Story Cat: LONG, GAME, VARIOUS (could also list which main cats are used at the very end)
Sex: Various: F/H/S/M
Body: Multiple Transformations (1-5). Core transformations 3
Mind: Multiple Transformations (1-3). Core transformations 1-3
Scenario: V (with limited IV)

When you define it like that I now see the difference between the two.  I think as long as we have a page listing what the differences is and a rough example of what the scales are I think we will be fine.  If we use the 1-5 scale for body it would be from 1 (unchanged) to 5 (unrecognizable human) or for mind 1 (unchanged) to 5 (no longer able to think/massively reduced thought capacity).

This discussion is making me want to do another Crimson Moon alchemy lab story, one where it's more like an instructional video.  A person undergoes a level 2 physical change, then another volunteer does a 3, and a third does a 4, etc. Repeat for mental (or they could be the same intensity at each level).

As for the long/chain stories, maybe we should have a general overarching content guide (with rough limit values) and the chapter get more specific.

If we're going to make a list of transformations, I think it would be better to start it over from scratch while using my old list as reference. So I've cleared out the current doc and moved the old list here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k-b … 0kI-g/edit

Also, I've made a new sticky topic about this list. As for grading the transformations, you are free to do so on the document. I personally feel much more comfortable just laying down ideas as I come across them.

Also, I changed all moderators to administrators and removed moderators as a group because moderators didn't actually have any extra privileges unless I specified them for each individual account, and that's too much to keep track of.

If the gradings has been moved off to a new venu might I suggest we continue from here with the purpose of creating a 'welcome to transformation' introduction?

I feel out of place trying to guide the descution ^^;

I had the idea of somthing like an online 'brochure' of short stories, 2-3 each for each level once the grading system is figured out. That way people can 'test the water' before plunging in. Let them find out what their comfterable with.

If rating one was ok to them, then maybe rating two is more their speed. But maybe rating 3 is just to unsettling for them. From her they now know what to look for in the rating system and can surf the site and other linked content with more confidence.

Looking back at this thread I relized I just seconded redstars impulse to make another academy story XD

In any case that's mostly what I've been thinking.

Here's a rough rating scale I was toying with, and a few examples of what would be a cannon transformation for some of the levels (for the physical, having a harder time gauging the mental).  Another alternative is to make 0=no change and shift everything around accordingly.

Transformation Change Scale

Physical

1.    No change
2.    Minor change: change within human norm (ex. skin or hair color change) (<10% changed)
3.    Moderate Change: extra-human change, but still recognizably human (ex. extra arms, limbs, possibly even gender shift) (10-40% changed)
4.    Severe Change: Extreme deviation from the human norm (40-75% changed)
5.    Massive Change: unrecognizable human (>75% changed)

Examples using common belial transformees.

•    Sutonian woman_3: minor changes to feet, growth of a tail and male appearing genitals, but the form and function of most of the body stays the same.
•    Freyan cockwoman_4: Massive changes to upper torso and growth of balls, but lower torso is mostly unchanged.
•    Sutonian whore_5: composed of human parts, but barely human looking.  Body reduced in size and function

Mental

1.    No change
2.    Minor change:  weak compulsions or light changes in thinking
3.    Moderate Change: strong compulsions or change in mental processes
4.    Severe Change: Mental reduction to the level of a sex beast or pet
5.    Massive Change: Total loss of identity/mental function

Redstar00 wrote:

Physical

1.    No change
2.    Minor change: change within human norm (ex. skin or hair color change) (<10% changed)
3.    Moderate Change: extra-human change, but still recognizably human (ex. extra arms, limbs, possibly even gender shift) (10-40% changed)
4.    Severe Change: Extreme deviation from the human norm (40-75% changed)

•    Sutonian woman_3: minor changes to feet, growth of a tail and male appearing genitals, but the form and function of most of the body stays the same.
•    Freyan cockwoman_4: Massive changes to upper torso and growth of balls, but lower torso is mostly unchanged.
•    Sutonian whore_5: composed of human parts, but barely human looking.  Body reduced in size and function

Mental

1.    No change
4.    Severe Change: Mental reduction to the level of a sex beast or pet

This is also what I had in mind (though much mor structured then I could have explained XP) although I would alot that anything animalistic or furry fall into 3-5 range, simply because they are rarely easy to sort.

Also in mental. There is on perspective to consider and that's circumstances determines outcome. MtF might become attracted to men and vice versa just because of their new circumstance. However I have no way of implementing it. hmm

Checkmate wrote:

Also in mental. There is on perspective to consider and that's circumstances determines outcome. MtF might become attracted to men and vice versa just because of their new circumstance. However I have no way of implementing it. hmm

I still think that can be worked into the system.  If it was a "1" story, the person changing gender wouldn't have a change in orientation which could cause them a bunch of problems (as they are effectually gay/lesbian now).  A "2" story might have them swapping over into what would be normal for the other gender, while a "3" might have them embracing it with gusto to the point they turn into a nymphomaniac.

For the physical change level, making 1= no change seems silly. If it is a transformation story there will be some sort of change. I'd put my scale as:

1: Superficial change (as defined by human alterations within gender, eg: skin color, extra- breasts, extra limbs, etc. Think extra morph style changes.)

2: Minor change (subject still mostly human, but changes to gender or species or substantial changes to body plan, eg: TG, slight-furry, 'normal' conjoinment. Conjoined dreams, fictionmania, fur affinity)

3: Moderate change (subject still recognizably human but with substantial changes to body plan: I think most of the belial-light TFs would be here, major furry changes etc. So like... Most of my stories I think would be hard 3s)

4: Major change (subject is no longer recognizably human, over half body plan changed. So, yeah, cockwomen.)

5: Massive/Severe change (subject no longer remotely human, over 75% of body plan changed.)

I like the mental list though smile

For sex orientation: I think that would be a "2", it is a slight change. For me "1" would be you are literally the same person out the other end, just with a different body.

Redstar00 wrote:

I still think that can be worked into the system.  If it was a "1" story, the person changing gender wouldn't have a change in orientation which could cause them a bunch of problems (as they are effectually gay/lesbian now).  A "2" story might have them swapping over into what would be normal for the other gender, while a "3" might have them embracing it with gusto to the point they turn into a nymphomaniac.

True. I compleatly overlooked  that cericomstance is the point of the story XD

I'd also like to state that in assigning these ratings it should be done so by the most advanced transformation.

Example: if your story starts with a woman becoming a sex beast but the focuse is on her friends getting multiple arms, legs, and breasts the sex beast is what you grade the story on.

Here is the round two version of my scale, with some feedback from Checkmate and the others.  I think it's also possible if multiple characters are changing in your story you could list out each of their change intensities individually.  This might be useful if you have only 2-4 characters undergoing changes.  As an example of this, if your story has three women walking in the park and they are transformed by a random avatar into a man, bimbo, and their dog, the numbers would be Phys/Ment: 2/3, 1/4,and 5/5.  In the grand scheme of things it might not matter, but maybe people won't be as put off is there is only one large change.

Physical

1.    No change or only superficial changes: change within human norm (ex. skin or hair color change) (<10% changed)
2.    Minor change: extra-human change, but still recognizably human (ex. extra arms, limbs, possibly even gender shift) (10-30% changed)
3.    Moderate Change:  significant change to the baseline, but still recognizably human (30-50% changed)
4.    Severe Change: Extreme deviation from the human norm (50-75% changed)

1.    "cock"-tails from Tales of Jizza2: allows woman to grow a cock
2.    Sutonian woman: minor changes to feet, growth of a tail and male appearing genitals, but the form and function of most of the body stays the same.
3.    Britney from Belial idol: armless pain slut humantaur, but changes are still built around baseline human.
4.    Freyan cockwoman: Massive changes to upper torso and growth of balls, but lower torso is mostly unchanged.
5.    Sutonian whore: composed of human parts, but barely human looking.  Body reduced in size and function

Mental

1.    No change
4.    Severe Change: Massive mental change, barely any of the original subject remains (ex. sex beast or pet)

Examples using a transgender transformation (MtF).

1.    new woman is now a lesbian, has many male habits and mannerisms
2.    new woman is bi or gender confused, has gained some feminine mannerisms
3.    new woman is straight and able to pass fully as her new gender
4.    new woman is nymphomaniac and hyper feminine.
5.    new woman possesses an entirely new personality, doesn't think of herself as her pre-transformed form.

I still think 1 should encompass a wider range. I can't think of a single story that we would include in a story list where 1 is the maximum change. I think your  "2" is the minimum to story. can you give me an example of a story that would earn a 1 code?