Re: Introducing others to sexual transformation

indigocarmine wrote:

I still think 1 should encompass a wider range. I can't think of a single story that we would include in a story list where 1 is the maximum change. I think your  "2" is the minimum to story. can you give me an example of a story that would earn a 1 code?

I disagree, I think it's nessesary simply as a refferance point. It would be like trying to eliminate the penny from the American currency system. Though it may seem redundant at times, its important that we always have the smallest increment available.

Indigocarmine,
  If we only plan to use a max change system, then perhaps a shift like you suggested might be needed.  But in a story with multiple changed characters, for example the short synopsis I laid out with the list, it is entirely possible there will be a "main" character with only minor physical changes (a bigger bust, hair changed to blonde, etc for the bimbo).  It's also entirely possible someone will write a story here that doesn't involve transformation much at all.  Do these story codes only apply to changes that happen in the story?  If someone writes a love story about a woman falling for a creature already grossly transformed, does that rate a 1 or a 5?  I think that's an important decision that will be reflected in the final ranking.

Redstar00 wrote:

Here is the round two version of my scale, with some feedback from Checkmate and the others.  I think it's also possible if multiple characters are changing in your story you could list out each of their change intensities individually.  This might be useful if you have only 2-4 characters undergoing changes.  As an example of this, if your story has three women walking in the park and they are transformed by a random avatar into a man, bimbo, and their dog, the numbers would be Phys/Ment: 2/3, 1/4,and 5/5.  In the grand scheme of things it might not matter, but maybe people won't be as put off is there is only one large change.

Transformation Change Scale

Physical

1.    No change or only superficial changes: change within human norm (ex. skin or hair color change) (<10% changed)
2.    Minor change: extra-human change, but still recognizably human (ex. extra arms, limbs, possibly even gender shift) (10-30% changed)
3.    Moderate Change:  significant change to the baseline, but still recognizably human (30-50% changed)
4.    Severe Change: Extreme deviation from the human norm (50-75% changed)
5.    Massive Change: unrecognizable human (>75% changed)

Examples using common belial transformees.

1.    "cock"-tails from Tales of Jizza2: allows woman to grow a cock
2.    Sutonian woman: minor changes to feet, growth of a tail and male appearing genitals, but the form and function of most of the body stays the same.
3.    Britney from Belial idol: armless pain slut humantaur, but changes are still built around baseline human.
4.    Freyan cockwoman: Massive changes to upper torso and growth of balls, but lower torso is mostly unchanged.
5.    Sutonian whore: composed of human parts, but barely human looking.  Body reduced in size and function

Mental

1.    No change
2.    Minor change:  weak compulsions or light changes in thinking
3.    Moderate Change: strong compulsions or change in mental processes
4.    Severe Change: Massive mental change, barely any of the original subject remains (ex. sex beast or pet)
5.    Massive Change: Total loss of identity/mental function

Examples using a transgender transformation (MtF).

1.    new woman is now a lesbian, has many male habits and mannerisms
2.    new woman is bi or gender confused, has gained some feminine mannerisms
3.    new woman is straight and able to pass fully as her new gender
4.    new woman is nymphomaniac and hyper feminine.
5.    new woman possesses an entirely new personality, doesn't think of herself as her pre-transformed form.

Seems shipshape too me!

Checkpoint, I added you to those who can edit the doc.

As for the grading, I don't mean to sound lazy but I personally don't have much of an interest in doing it myself; I've always been more comfortable just listing ideas down instead. I feel it would be better to list things first and then doing the grading rather than the other way around. That way it doesn't seem like guesswork.

Checkmate wrote:

I disagree, I think it's nessesary simply as a refferance point. It would be like trying to eliminate the penny from the American currency system. Though it may seem redundant at times, its important that we always have the smallest increment available.

I've lived in a country that did away with the penny. It was magical smile But I guess, to each their own.

36 (edited by Pronema 2016-07-04 16:51)

So I made a mock up of a tree in an hour and a half or so, keep in mind that it is not extensive or planned all that well but you guys can get the general idea about how TFs start falling into a bunch of other fetishes that could easily just have there own trees, so I am not likely going to make a map of the entire human tree of sexual fetishes. Anyway adapting what you guys, specifically Flicker, has already made to a tree like this wouldn't be to hard as long as it dead ends at a leaf at the end of a branch that leads to another fetish such as clothes/latex, or Mind Control or Size Play, though some like Size play and mind Control may still need some fleshing out such as Voluntary /Involuntary /Unaware mental changes or size change on a whole to part growth/Shrinkage and inflation, which I sort of see different from size play.  Redstar's scales could fit nicely into this type of thing too.

Also, if you have an android phone SimpleMind is an awesome program for brainstorming stuff and storyline mockups.

Edit: After reading my post I figured I may have to draw an actual 'human tree of sexual fetishes' in the literal 'God damn that' s fucked up' sense for some laughs.

2nd Edit: The more I think about it the more fucked up that image is getting.  I'd be doing Slaanesh proud, as a countertroll to the Emperor's Zealots.

3rd Edit: I have been playing to much Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War

Post's attachments

Transformation Fetish.jpeg 633.68 kb, 37 downloads since 2016-07-04 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

The biggest thing imo is that the verse needs to have at least an easily-accessible vaguely-dedicated Bible of important information. I'd love to write more in-canon work, but I struggle to even know the names & domains of the greater demons or the relative technological level of the world, let alone finer details.

The two scales listed are solid, although I'd tweak the mental one more to focus on intensity and not personality. Like, when I'm looking for fics(I can almost assure you I'm the person who prefers the lightest works here), it wouldn't matter if the protagonist became a different person if they still retained their humanity.

Like 1 imagine would be little change, 2 would be have identity changes but not otherwise 'normal'(any sort of basic genderswap would go here), 3 is when things start getting 'bestial' and bordering on whether they have humanity, 4 would be more subdued sex beast(for a common example, when someone turns into a mindless pet), and 5 would be pure there's-nothing-left-except-burning lust(any sort of story where someone becomes nothing but a pile of genitals).

I don't really think you need an list of basic transformations though. Anyone actually interested in writing here will have an idea/s already in-mind, so it won't really matter overall.

In any case, the other biggest issue with introducing people to this community is how hardcore it is. Obviously this is kind of baked into the fetish but there's so much more that can be done besides turning characters into nearly-inhuman sex beasts.

Also, there's this community's flagrant masculine-centric homoeroticism. Like, I'm not really complaining because I'll never write something that doesn't involve girl-girl dynamics; but the number of stories involving female-identified characters turning into ridiculous hypermasculine caricatures or mindless sex beasts far exceeds the opposite. Hell, there's a literal sub-setting completely dedicated to female-to-male transformation.

Anyways, in terms of marketing I don't know how much can be done in the first place. What got me into this stuff was seeing one of demon-man's old comics(the one about the mother and son who turn into the two-headed feminine sex snake thing) posted on /d/, and I would imagine most people found Belial during the 'Golden Age' through similar means. Since most of the artists have circled the wagons and mostly not made anything with wider appeal(two-headed sex snake=bizarre but still retaining enough sexuality to be interesting to fantasize about, a giant hairy anus with legs=not so much), that avenue has been mostly closed.

I think a series of lighter, less-intricate stories could be worth looking into. I know I'd be willing to contribute to that if there was a concerted effort or contest.

Anyways, I forgot where I was going with all this so I'll stop here.

I feel you Wexort, I miss the golden days when we had more "traditional" transformations like you mentioned. I have zero interest in the anus-centric and sex-object TFs that followed, especially when it often involves a total stripping away of sentience or agency that is both unrelatable and a complete turnoff.

I get that the disgust-perversion factor works for a lot of people, but in the chase to be more depraved, the balance shifted to something beyond forbidden pleasure. Thankfully I think there's been a shift away from stuff, but it's been slow.

I really need to remember to regularly post more of the older stories to help shift winds.

tl;dr We need more feminine forms, and less sex-beast/sex-object.

I feel the same way as Flicker and Wexort, although I am aware of the fetishes that have become prevailing in the current state of a number of stories here, I haven't ever been a fan of TF's beyond the odd anthropomorphism, Egyptian God type stuff, MtF/FtM, and a bit of Sub/Dom stuff. Major mental changes (IQ changes, animalistic behavior, or complete loss of self) have been a turn off for me. Physical changes even into animals have been fine but the sexual side of things was far less interesting than some of the amazing stories.

If I had to name the one thing that really marked the turning point, I'd say it was when Von Krieger (now Hellkat) stopped writing Belial stories. He was the most prolific "traditional" author (traditional being humanoid) whose stories lined up perfectly with my formative puberty years from 2004 to 2008 which is why they probably had such an effect on me. His stories always were very concise too.

On another note, I don't think a numeric grading system is going to work. It creates too much of a burden on people to conform to what is frankly an unnatural set of rules. It would just be better to stick with keywords and tags like the rest of the internet. After all, people are interested in TOPICS, not NUMBERS. Say a story involves transgender with a total mental gender switch. People would see "mental 3/5" and think, What the fuck is that supposed to mean? Especially when there are so many different types of mental transformations within many different contexts that ranking them becomes meaningless. And what if the mental switch is something that happens over time as a natural course of events post-transformation? Do you throw more numbers to confuse readers with?

A number system would also not account for chronology. What if a transformation happens in stages, or a different TF happens everyday with resets? You'd end up with a bunch of numbers that just lose all meaning. An example would be Arania's animal transformation sequences. I don't care for full animal TFs, but I do care for the anthro midpoints. So you ask anyone, would they prefer to see:
Human --> Anthro --> Animal
or
Body 0/5 --> 3/5 --> 5/5 ?

So let's just do away with any attempts at ranking/numerization. It doesn't work for what is essentially nominal in the first place, it's arbitrary, it's vague, it creates too much work, it fails to include context, and it doesn't convey any actual information to readers. At least not unless you force readers to understand your system at which point you have already asked too much of them.

Just straight up tell readers in words what your story includes.

I don't mean to offend anyone who proposed this system. I know you mean well. I just write my best using a cynical, critical tone, and this numerical system just didn't sit right with me. Had to let it brew over for a couple of days before I could really get at what was bothering me.

Anyways, this topic has really derailed from it's original purpose. It's good that it got us thinking of how to categorize transformations, but we still need to put together an introductory package of sorts. It shouldn't be extreme but it shouldn't be overly tame either.