Topic: Avoiding getting transformed in the world of Belial/Assiah...

So is there any way to avoid getting transformed in this world? From all the stories I've read so far it seems it's almost nigh impossible, I guess if this was the case then I think the only way is suicide perhaps?

Re: Avoiding getting transformed in the world of Belial/Assiah...

it's a very very large world and only the small segment that we talk about here or in stories are what you see, so I imagine those who don't want to be transformed can stay away from it for the most part. In some areas of Assiah, I assume transformations aren't frequent at all.

It was mentioned in the latest chapter of Indigocarmine's Belial Idol that non-transformees aren't uncommon, and aren't really judged for not transforming.

At least, in Belial the transformed are seen as the oddballs, so if they were seen as more common/nobody cared, they aren't the 'default' per se, leaving classical humans more common.

If Assaiah were to have let's say 5 billion people and there were...  a thousand demons running amok changing five people per day on average.

By the end of the first century only 182.5 million people will have been transformed over the course of 100 years.  so at most 3.65% of the total 5 billion person population, assuming you completely ignore population growth, people getting old and dying, and changes in demographic.

And if people who volunteer over that century amounted another 182.5 million, you have just enough people transformed to be a daily sight, and a minority demographic roughly on par with people into serious body modification in the real world.  Most of these have their tattoos/piercings/genital transformations able to be covered by clothes and live normal lives with no one around them the wiser.

So the number isn't huge.

About 4 people out of every hundred can expect to be involuntary (or voluntarily) transformed sometime during the course of their lives.

Is this Official Legends of Belial math?

Absolutely not.

But it is an example of how that kind of scenario might play out.

Avoiding transformation is half not wanting to do that to yourself, and half getting lucky and not getting the Belial equivalent of catching some lethal/debilitating disease/cancer in your lifetime.

The stories told in Assaiah are almost universally about the transformee victims of demons, or the body warping enthusiast subculture, so you get a skewed view of how the world plays out.  I don't think there are any bystander stories.

Yeah, from what I can gather, most places in the world are fairly safe, with most transformations being actively sought (though whether they sought it for themselves or to inflict on someone else varies, as do the results). This does vary from region to region though. Jizza is somewhat infamous for how warped the population has become, while other areas have specific local dangers like the Dakini worms.

All in all, most people live and die without even seeing someone transformed, but there are most definitely hotspots where those who want to avoid such things will try to safely escape as soon as they can (though doing so is often highly risky in and of itself))

Well, you know what they say; "When in Rome, do the Romans"

The official history time line of Assiah involves a lot of rise and fall of empires and reads as though transformation hasn't really been a huge factor in human civilization.

If anything, I'm surprised there hasn't been more weaponization of transformation for purposes of war.

7 (edited by finaro 2016-08-19 13:42)

LamiaWoman wrote:

I don't think there are any bystander stories.

Hmmm...maybe this is the problem.

Maybe there should be bystander stories or at least someone who is 100% immune to transformations who is a bystander like for example, she could have been someone who actually intended the "Greatest Show" who either escaped in time or if they were immune, she stayed long anough to witness everyone getting transformed and the only her walking out unchanged coated in D-Cum from the sprinklers that cannot change her (although might transform one if someone touched her unless she cleaned herself out that is) as if she's the "sole survivor" that is.

Point is, I think there should be a protagonist "bystander" character that stays human permanently which being completely immune to transformations (maybe even the Greater Demons cannot change her) would reinforce that who only witnesses transformations.

Or another idea for a another character that she does transform but all her transformations are temporary which means after a certain amount of time, she completely changes back to her human self as she was before, only to be transformed again and again into different forms (even when merging, detachment, dakini worms, etc her body basically reshapes back to her human self in interesting ways) and she actually enjoys it.

Point is, I think there could also be a character who get's to experience every form of transform (especially extreme...) while reverting back to human so she can try different transformations since nothing is permanent on her since one of the reasons why I don't like permanent transformations is because then the character not only becomes a after thought but also lost and also it's no longer fun anymore as in the transformation sequences and they just stay static as a ugly creature.

So basically a protagonist character who loves warping her body in many various ways but only reverted back to her human form no matter what happens to it and also if Assiah is more accepting towards nudity than our world, I think she also spends her time completely nude (since there's no point being clothed if she's anticipating what's she's going to be transformed into next)  as if the last time she was clothed was the first time she was transformed which was long ago. Last thing though I wonder if such a character is possible in this world since for a long time I've been thinking of this concept or creating such a character.

Flicker wrote:

If anything, I'm surprised there hasn't been more weaponization of transformation for purposes of war.

Hmmm...I heard there were transformation staffs that were able to shoot invisible rays that can penetrate buildings that were used in the Mad Kings era.

The ultimate problem with bystander stories, I think, is that most of use who write here are waaaaay more interested in writing transformations (LoB is after all a setting designed for a certain flavor of transformation erotica). Unless you are planning to write this story yourself (which please do smile ) or willing to commission someone to do it, I doubt you will see such a story here anytime soon.

(Although there is maybe a fun story to be had with someone *just* barely escaping transformation after transformation in increasingly implausible scenarios. But dang, that would be complicated and hard to write well...)

(Also, while I'm by no means an LoB setting expert, I think reversion runs contrary to the spirit of the setting. A person who reverts might work better as a stand alone story in its own Belialish setting. i get that permanent transformations are not your fav,  but that's kind of the deal here.)

9 (edited by finaro 2016-08-19 17:46)

indigocarmine wrote:

The ultimate problem with bystander stories, I think, is that most of use who write here are waaaaay more interested in writing transformations (LoB is after all a setting designed for a certain flavor of transformation erotica). Unless you are planning to write this story yourself (which please do smile ) or willing to commission someone to do it, I doubt you will see such a story here anytime soon.

Only problem is that, I'm not a writer (nor am I a good one) nor do I have money for commissions so it's pretty much moot.

indigocarmine wrote:

(Also, while I'm by no means an LoB setting expert, I think reversion runs contrary to the spirit of the setting. A person who reverts might work better as a stand alone story in its own Belialish setting. i get that permanent transformations are not your fav,  but that's kind of the deal here.)

Which sadly ain't my deal though since permanent transformations are not only disturbing but also sometimes make stories hard to read due to the often overlooked tragedy of it even if it was consensual or wanted to be permanently transformed. So if the transformations are reversible then it would be easier for me to read since I would know that no matter what happens to this person they would be okay at the end (although some transformees can remain in their forms for long periods of time but reversed back when they served their purpose, much like putting on a custom or suit and then taking it off and feel relieved that they're no longer that thing anymore).

I think a separate universe or world where transformations are reversible no matter how extreme they are would work better perhaps? Or maybe a far future setting of Assiah where transformations are now reversible due to radical breakthroughs which it now just becomes nothing more than a casual luxury for people transforming again and again for recreational purposes?

Probably best if it is a unique setting. And I've seen strories that fit that mold, there are some fun BEarchive story trees (Automorph for instance), and some of the transformation stories from Extramorphs fit that mold (some of which might be on here...?) Also have you read the 12 days story/art collaboration I did with KSG, it features multiple milder transformations, and while the final form is permanent, it's in a way that might jive with your tastes.

Ultimately though, you are on a forum for people who like permanent, fairly kinky transformations. Many of us write for free and write what we like, and those that take requests generally want to be paid for them. I could be wrong and someone is itching to write a non-permanent transformation series, but you shouldn't count on it. There might be other communities that align better with your choices, like dearly departed Extramorphs. Commissions may be cheaper than you suspect, it never hurts to ask. And like,  honestly,  try writing, people tend to be forgiving of free smut stories, and I'd be happy to help edit whatever. I was finding the LoB stuff a bit too extreme and wanted to see more character agency in stories, so I tried to write the kind of stuff I wanted to see more of. I am also,  not in any way that really counts, a writer wink

All of that said, I think I might find a story about someone escaping transformations a fun challenge. (Although it would be someone dodging permanent transformations instead of someone with a special immunity.)

Only saw the thread now but everybody else has already made my point to the original question. smile

Despite what it may look like, transformees in Belial are relatively rare and even then, the vast majority are transformees with only minor alterations. Lamiawoman mentions people with bodymodifications and its a good example. The majority of people in Assiah know that transformed people exist and how far it can go, they may even see some regularly but most never get transformed or even close to it. Of course it depends on the area, there are exceptions like Jizza or Freya's Realm where basically half the population or more is transformed, there are rural areas where people may never meet a transformee for their entire lives and there are metropolitan areas where even if rare one will come across all kind of transformees sooner or later.

The sexual focus of this group and the stories written obviously create a wrong impression. In a similar fashion one might think that life in a D&D setting might be all about high adventure and slaying monsters but the majority of people are most likely just ordinary farmers and craftsmen who never see an elf their entire lives.

I hope that makes sense.

I also agree a story about somebody who somehow manages to evade getting transformed every time could be interesting if done well.

12 (edited by finaro 2016-08-19 22:46)

indigocarmine wrote:

Probably best if it is a unique setting. And I've seen strories that fit that mold, there are some fun BEarchive story trees (Automorph for instance), and some of the transformation stories from Extramorphs fit that mold (some of which might be on here...?) Also have you read the 12 days story/art collaboration I did with KSG, it features multiple milder transformations, and while the final form is permanent, it's in a way that might jive with your tastes.

Ultimately though, you are on a forum for people who like permanent, fairly kinky transformations. Many of us write for free and write what we like, and those that take requests generally want to be paid for them. I could be wrong and someone is itching to write a non-permanent transformation series, but you shouldn't count on it. There might be other communities that align better with your choices, like dearly departed Extramorphs. Commissions may be cheaper than you suspect, it never hurts to ask. And like,  honestly,  try writing, people tend to be forgiving of free smut stories, and I'd be happy to help edit whatever. I was finding the LoB stuff a bit too extreme and wanted to see more character agency in stories, so I tried to write the kind of stuff I wanted to see more of. I am also,  not in any way that really counts, a writer wink

All of that said, I think I might find a story about someone escaping transformations a fun challenge. (Although it would be someone dodging permanent transformations instead of someone with a special immunity.)

Well to be honest, this is the only transformation community I can think of here unless someone posts a community that welcomes non-permanent/reversible transformations and also I'm not really looking for mild transformations but rather extreme/unrecognizable ones especially from non-humonoid tentacle creatures to blob like abominations to even cartoonish creatures or even the ones that are stranger and alien like floating jellyfish, octopus, floating membranes with tentacles and eyes and such or basically anything that from a beautiful woman (who is naked before transformation process no clothed and the transformations like in Beliali are extremely orgasmic and pleasurable) to the most unrecognizably alien to the most disgusting creature imaginable. Or sometimes women transforming into unrecognizable inanimate objects like furniture, toys (not sex toys but rather actual toys like jack in the boxes, hand or sock puppets, etc), props, etc which in the end they're all reversible.

Like I told you before though I have no such money to pay for commissions and I'm not so sure if there's others willing to write for free though.

13 (edited by Rexin 2016-08-20 07:35)

finaro wrote:

Well to be honest, this is the only transformation community I can think of here unless someone posts a community that welcomes non-permanent/reversible transformations and also I'm not really looking for mild transformations but rather extreme/unrecognizable ones especially from non-humonoid tentacle creatures to blob like abominations to even cartoonish creatures or even the ones that are stranger and alien like floating jellyfish, octopus, floating membranes with tentacles and eyes and such or basically anything that from a beautiful woman (who is naked before transformation process no clothed and the transformations like in Beliali are extremely orgasmic and pleasurable) to the most unrecognizably alien to the most disgusting creature imaginable. Or sometimes women transforming into unrecognizable inanimate objects like furniture, toys (not sex toys but rather actual toys like jack in the boxes, hand or sock puppets, etc), props, etc which in the end they're all reversible.

http://www.furaffinity.net/ and DeviantArt has all kinds of stories.  But as far as I know, no boards dedicated to anything specific. Instead you just brows after stories that may be your cup of tea.
This guy has written something in a series called "Trust Machines", about people being transformed into inanimate objects before being turned into humans again: http://clancy688.deviantart.com/gallery/

In this group, the "Transformation Stories" section is dedicated to all transformations that does not fit into the Belial universe. That should include reversible transformations as well, if someone is willing to write and post them.

You have a very specific set of tastes and I suspect that group of people who love very extreme transformations (already a small group) and also hate permanent transformation is quite small. I can see that finding such a community would difficult.

That said:

Unending BEarchive Adventure has all kinds of stories in it, some of which are fairly extreme and some of which are reversible. You'll have to hunt for it. (http://www.bearchive.com/~addventure/)

Deviant art has all kinds of stuff. Search keywords, find writers you like, follow favs (etc). Bobboled might be a good writer to start hunting from: (http://bobboled.deviantart.com/)

Terranvoid's Writing.com adventure has a god machine (so reversible), features lots of LoB-style stuff, (http://www.writing.com/main/interact/it … te-Control)

There is also choose you own change which, I don't know very well, but has all kinds of stuff: (http://www.cyoc.net/updates.php)

I would also suggest that rather than try and trick people into writing what you want, just maybe post in "Writers Corner" with a specific request? Maybe lay out some ideas and see if anyone is inspired to write for you? And honestly, I bet if you can spare $20 or $30 you could commission something short. If you have a very particular taste, you might have to pay for it.

(And honestly, everything here is fiction. While officially LoB transformations are permanent and that isn't going to change (since its Demon-Man's sandbox and most of us like it that way). But... there is no reason you can't pretend there is a cure privately. Memorial Changes, one of my fav LoB stories has two versions: the original milder version which I love and a newer extreme version which I like less. I just focus on the one I like. Headcanon is a powerful tool, y'know?)

I was just about to add in my two cents and mention my Story. It doesn't leave much recourse for the victims to change back, but I have several conciets built into it. Reality alteration being a big one. But to the victims of the remotes wielder, they don't have a recrouse to get things undone, but the wielder can undo things.

I have a propensity to have changed characters either not be aware they were ever different, or think that somehow they chose to or let themselves become what they are after they've been changed by the remote. Although not every thing in my story does that. One element I'm known to use is for the remote wielder to outright copy their desires into other people. "I made this woman's tits HUGE. I'm gonna copy my fetish for huge tits onto her too." I use these mechanics partially to avoid the strange issue of inflincting a fetish on characters that know they're getting changed and every damn character has that exact fetish. >.> If there's going to be a unformity of fetish in a diverse cast thrown together by the tides of fate, I'm going to have it happen through a mechanic that should be easy enough to have when you're already magically transforming them.

I actually have the polar opposite view to Finaro. Although I kind of feel the same way about, "Get kicked into a fantasy world full of wonder, complete adventure, go back to regular old mundane modern life". When someone gets transformed into some oversexed fantasy, I'm not just interested in the transformation and sex/masturbation. I want to see their life afterwards with their new form, not going back to plain old human, or just keeping some minor, perfectly normal difference to their body afterwards. Pulls the rug right out from under me.

Twitter! Occasional images & chatter when I write.
Now Inactive F-list Profile: https://www.f-list.net/c/terra%20blackwell/
Play my Legends of Belial Text Adventure: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/13966557/
Read my Interactive Fiction: http://www.writing.com/main/interact/it … te-Control

indigocarmine wrote:

Ultimately though, you are on a forum for people who like permanent, fairly kinky transformations

While that's generally the case, there are still a few stories/CYOA's that feature plenty of reversion/do-overs. The CYOA Transform or Dare: A Month of Changes and the story Power by Hell-Scythe come to mind. Here's one from fortestingpurposes  (http://www.cyoc.net/interactives/chapter_90204.html). I like how in this one he goes into just enough detail in each transformation before exploring a new one. And finaro if you haven't read it yet, you will enjoy the ending.

I enjoy both permanent and temporary. They each have their positives and negatives, and for me, it comes down to the execution. It's not fair to those who prefer temporary by saying these sorts of things. Not everyone wishes for complete detachment from their current form, life, circumstances, or environment. The loss of agency in many permanent transformations depicted here can be more than terrifying and depressing. Unless perhaps a sister website/forum comes into being, this forum will continue to be more than Legends of Belial. It is a place where all types of bizarre transformation is welcomed. The last thing we need is restricting the genre and pushing others away.

Ah! Sorry! It was not my intention to suggest that *any* kind of transformation was unwelcome here. I was just trying to point out that LoB is inherently a permanent transformation story setting and that was unlikely to change. I genouinely hope that people write, commission, inspire and post all kinds of stories here including non-permanent transformations (just not as LoB stories). I apologize if I came off as an exclusionary jerk.

18 (edited by finaro 2016-08-21 02:08)

indigocarmine wrote:

I apologize if I came off as an exclusionary jerk.

Only when you learn how to apologize better since that can be read as a fake apology (saying words like "if" as if not really taking accountability) therefore making you still a exclusionary jerk until proven otherwise.

19 (edited by BrotherOriginal 2016-08-21 02:24)

finaro wrote:

Only when you learn how to apologize better since that can be read as a fake apology (saying words like "if" as if not really taking accountability) therefore making you still a exclusionary jerk until proven otherwise.

Y'know, you're talking to an administrator of this forum who has been quite civil to you AND  apologized for any offense he might've caused. It may have been unintentional (just as indigocarmine's comments and use of 'if' are probably not meant to offend either), but your post is coming off as unnecessarily aggressive. There's no need for that.

BrotherOriginal wrote:
finaro wrote:

Y'know, you're talking to an administrator of this forum who has been quite civil to you AND  apologized for any offense he might've caused. It may have been unintentional (just as indigocarmine's comments and use of 'if' are probably not meant to offend either), but your post is coming off as unnecessarily aggressive. There's no need for that.

I often get paranoid at times but however I apologize for possibly mistaken things if that's the case.

Most people here are remarkably laid back.  Take comments in that context and everyone will get along fine.  Open hostility, snide sideshots, and instructing people on needing to do X is detrimental to that laid-back community spirit.

Let's not damage that calm, please.

I'm sure indigocarmine didn't mean to come off that way. However there was a very poor choice of words and tone ("trick") and the alternative link dumping, while well-intentioned, also rather came off as dismissive. But yes, I agree that there shouldn't be any room for argument here. The subject of tone on the internet can definitely be hard to traverse.

Getting back on topic, I think it's even a cool thing that we can even debate between permanent vs. temporary transformation. It seems rather silly to me though since any TF fan was gatewayed by werewolves at some point, which is inherently temporary.

As I mentioned before, the total loss of self can be really off-putting. My thoughts on the subject are best summed up in my response to D-Man's latest story: http://legendsofbelial.no-ip.info/viewt … 6357#p6357

The equivalence made between full-feral animal TF and death isn't my idea; I forgot where I read it, but it was definitely an epiphany for me as to why I simply cannot relate to complete mental wiping, at least as a permanent TF.

I hear that, Flicker. I find nothing erotic in snuffing out someone elses life or ability to think anymore. But it's something that people find erotic and tantalizing. In the fur community, vore runs the same way.

I also don't enjoy turning someone's life into a living torture, but I always just move past or away from something  when that happens. The Belial setting was designed to allow for any of that, and encourages people to explore such dark themes through a lens of mostly sexually based and permenant transformations.

Despite those aspects being very prominant in some peoples works, there's plenty of room, and material, that I do really enjoy involved and room for even stuff I make, such as my Text Adventure.

Twitter! Occasional images & chatter when I write.
Now Inactive F-list Profile: https://www.f-list.net/c/terra%20blackwell/
Play my Legends of Belial Text Adventure: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/13966557/
Read my Interactive Fiction: http://www.writing.com/main/interact/it … te-Control

Flicker wrote:

As I mentioned before, the total loss of self can be really off-putting. My thoughts on the subject are best summed up in my response to D-Man's latest story: http://legendsofbelial.no-ip.info/viewt … 6357#p6357

The equivalence made between full-feral animal TF and death isn't my idea; I forgot where I read it, but it was definitely an epiphany for me as to why I simply cannot relate to complete mental wiping, at least as a permanent TF.

Agreed.  I'll admit to being fairly mild in my stories for the most part, transformation-wise.  I do prefer the target to remain alive, aware and sane.  If they forget things, it's not the same as snuffing out what makes them who they are.

Things like snuffing out someone's mind I would consider handling the same way  i would handle a story involving lethal combat, fatal assaults and such as to my mind it's functionally the same thing.

As far as transformations physically?  I'll be honest, I never know what I'll like till I poke at it.  Temporary transformations are fine for me, I just won't put them into my belial stories, as they don't fit the theme.  I don't often write "tourist" transformations for anyone in a story who isn't a native shapeshifter or it isn't a native part of the setting, like the body cloning and mind-transfer tech of the eclipse phase RPG.

I'm a huge fan of stories where choices and actions have consequences.  Every transformation in most of my stories will have consequences, but they usually provide unexpected opportunities or experiences.

But if I find a good premise for a temporary transformation, I'll write it in a heartbeat.  But if I don't have fun with the premise, I won't write it.

The closest thing I have written as a temp transformation as a belial story is alisaundra's apprentices who share the same body, same appearance save skin tone and hair color.  But when one is in control of their ahared body, the other is merely relegated to being her pussy, and they switch whenever they sleep.  So they swap between being a lovely transformed woman with an extremely high native libido and merely being the receptacle for that libido, helpless to do anything but return the favor the next day.

It's a temporary transformation... but it isn't.  And it's right on the razors edge of keeping in spirit with demon-man's world as far as I can see. 

But there's never been any overarching bias against temporary transformations among the community.  We just use it in other settings.

To everyone:
I spoke Chinese and I was weak in read and wrote in English. As many members mentioned, most of the stories on the forum (both Belial's and the others) were about body morphing and there seemed no Belail's inhabitant's everyday life story.

In the real world, there were the stories of famous persons in the past, scientists and inventors, and also the great inventions which were written in the form of stories of people's everyday life.

Besides, dramas based setting in the ancient time; love stories, detective stories, stories and dramas based on different occupations were typical in the form of stories of people's everyday life.

In a real world people's everyday life, almost everyone knew what were the common technology products, what a nuclear power plant was and why there were the military.

He or she may live with high tech products or in a rural village. He or she may or may not have to take a mandatory military service based on the government's policy. Beside that, he or she would rare had a chance to walk closed to a military base or a nuclear power plant.

The everyday life stories of Belial's people were similar in this way. A world with both technology and magic ran on mana instead of electric. Everyday products were made both by tech and alchemy. There were both technology shop, black smiths' and alchemist's shop in the same place. The knowledge of the Great Demon's and body morphing were common senses.

It would still be difficult to write the everyday life stories of Belial's people with the about data, as the author should know more about Assiah. It seemed Demon-Man and the other members who helped to built the basic ideas of Belial Universe would know enough about the setting and be able to write the stories but they were too busy.

I was a member of the zetaboard old forum.
I do not know why I could not register at the no-ip forum before, only it was possible now.

A story without transformation, good or bad, doesn't weigh well on me.

xyz_2002 wrote:

It would still be difficult to write the everyday life stories of Belial's people with the about data, as the author should know more about Assiah. It seemed Demon-Man and the other members who helped to built the basic ideas of Belial Universe would know enough about the setting and be able to write the stories but they were too busy.

I do have to agree that Legends of Belial is severely lacking in world building and general lore. As it stands, it acts little more than loose string tying together short individual stories. I don't expect it ever grow beyond this, unfortunately, and it's not necessarily a bad thing since its just smut in the end. As time goes on, the namesake of the forum becomes more honorary of Demon Man's early pioneering of this niche genre of ours and less about actual LoB material itself.

Flicker wrote:
xyz_2002 wrote:

I do have to agree that Legends of Belial is severely lacking in world building and general lore. As it stands, it acts little more than loose string tying together short individual stories. I don't expect it ever grow beyond this, unfortunately, and it's not necessarily a bad thing since its just smut in the end. As time goes on, the namesake of the forum becomes more honorary of Demon Man's early pioneering of this niche genre of ours and less about actual LoB material itself.

To Flicker:
As I had said, I was weak in English. I did not know how much I had misunderstood in the detail of Belial's world. So as I may have mis-written in expressing my opinion.

I was a member of the zetaboard old forum.
I do not know why I could not register at the no-ip forum before, only it was possible now.

Heh, and then there's me:   I would probably find the shadiest looking avatar I could in the zoo of Frey, and ask that they curse me to transform slowly over the course of a few months, gradually changing to the point where I look like I fell in an industrial-sized vat of hyper-concentrated D-cum. tongue   

Heck, an avatar of Karma would do fine as well, so long as i could find one that I could be sure would be amused enough at the request to actually grant it.