Topic: Spammers

Drat, i wonder if the old forum had problems with spammers, too.

Re: Spammers

We have spammers? There was only ever one back on the old forum. Was it bad? I assume you already deleted them so I can't see it.

yes i deleted the user and all his posts. it's rather easy.

Do we have the ability to IP ban?

yeah, we have. we can also ban ip-ranges and mail providers.

Great!

Hey we have more spam under choose your own adventure. Its called "sales of Loratadine online without prescription overnight cheap Kiel." I don't know if or how to get rid of it, but I thought I'd post something so it got to peoples attention in case its harmful.

thanks

it's taken care of. normally i check several times per day, but in the last week i simply had no time neutral

There is spam under choose your own adventure branch called: how to take acyclovir 800mg tablets. Purchase online Australia.  Just thought someone should know.

Thanks

The spammer are becoming a real annoyance. The bot's are really sophisticated and Captchas won't stop them (I did a little research....)

I think we should invite some mod's who - alongside with the admins - clean up the mess the spammers cause. What do you think?

I already admin'd randumdave as he was also one on the old forum. Not a bad idea but we should focus on the root of the problem.

Upgraded theriyv to moderator status.

Good. I will tryout another captcha Plugin today.