Topic: Story Contest

Already announced in the old forum but lost and quickly forgotten after its death.

I want to revive the contest. Basically to participate you'd need to write a story of at least 7000 words.
The price are four cell-shaded monochrome illustrations in the style of the story-sets I've done with Jyslenn and Von Krieger.
If wished by the winner, the story could be turned into a similar set and be put up for sale, but would require at least another chapter in order to add additional content.

The winner will be chosen via a poll in this forum, after all entries have been made public.

Here a quick summary of the rules:

- Story should be set in Belial. No crossovers with other universes allowed. (I am less strict about the first but more so about the latter)
- No illegal content (e.g. sex with minors)
- No restrictions regarding TFs, except for the few if the setting is Belial (e.g. rarity of temporary TFs, e.g. werwolves, rarity-to-impossibility of shapeshifting for non-demons, impossibilty of classic inanimate TFs due to dead material being, well, dead, etc). Usually there is a way around these restrictions using the setting cleverly, though. If you want to do one of the mentioned TFs or are unsure, just ask me. I think only very, very few TFs would be outright impossible.
- The story should provide enough content for the four illustrations. Some examples what that could look like:
1) Four TFs, only showing the results (maybe the before as sketches)
2) Two TFs, two before pics and two after
3) Two TFs, showing only results, and two sex-scenes.
4 Two TFs in multiple stages, maybe even ending in a conjoinment
5) One TF but in multiple stages.
6) One TFs in two pictures and two sex-scenes.
Those are only examples, there are more possiblities.
- Stories should be sent to me, either via PM or email (szorr2002@yahoo.com). I will upload them after the deadline.
- Deadline is the 1st of June, giving me enough time to finish off some current projects.

If there are questions, just pm me. smile

Re: Story Contest

Definitely gonna be entering this!

Same. I'd like to try

This sounds really fun.  The gears are already turning.

Question: The first rule you mentioned about the Belial universe setting, and being "less strict" about it - do you mean it's okay to do a story with a bit of an ambiguously Belial setting, or should it include landmarks, established settings, lore, characters, etc?  Or would referencing D-cum and not have flying saucers be enough to qualify?

What I meant was that if somebody wanted to use his/her own universe/setting, I'd be okay with that, even if I'd prefer Belial personally (obviously smile).
I am only strictly against crossovers (e.g. Dragon Ball Characters appearing in Belial or Karma visiting Mass Effect's Citadel).

In case of using Belial as a setting: There would be no need to necessarily mention anything specific to Belial (there are more towns than just those on the official map, alchemical substances made with D-cum do not awlays mention this specific ingredient, etc), just not contradict Belial lore (e.g. the flying saucers or mentioning the Great Demon Pazuzu).

Awww... but the great demon pazuzu ... so sweet! *mumbles*

What about the list of story ideas from the old forum? If reposted, it could be of some inspirations for those who are looking a setting.

I wanted to repost it later, just didn't get around to do so yet. It could be an inspiration, but its not a necessity, after all I won't choose the winner anway but the forum.

Only one month left for anyone who wants to enter the contest.

Hmm, i got a problem with the deadline. I would like to contribute, but i won't be able to write something until end of June.

Can the deadline be extended by one month? I realize that it's a little bit unfair for those, who already written something and maybe are waiting for the contest to end, so i'm asking not only Demon-Man, but all who want to participate.

nikita wrote:

Hmm, i got a problem with the deadline. I would like to contribute, but i won't be able to write something until end of June.

Can the deadline be extended by one month? I realize that it's a little bit unfair for those, who already written something and maybe are waiting for the contest to end, so i'm asking not only Demon-Man, but all who want to participate.

You won't hear a complaint from me. I started working on an entry after reading Demon-Man's post because I hadn't realized the story contest was even offically on.

nikita wrote:

I intended to enter as well but unfortunately RL has gotten in the way so much I have barely had the time to start actually writing it yet.  I'm not sure I wil be able to create a satisfactory entry in the time remaining.  An additional month may help if my schedule clears up but I'm not particularly hopeful at this point.

Phil Ein Blank wrote:
nikita wrote:

I intended to enter as well but unfortunately RL has gotten in the way so much I have barely had the time to start actually writing it yet.  I'm not sure I wil be able to create a satisfactory entry in the time remaining.  An additional month may help if my schedule clears up but I'm not particularly hopeful at this point.

Neither am i :-/ RL is a bitch...

Seeing that more people would like more time. What would be the suggestion? A month, two?

I have no problem with that since some recent RL issues keep me more busy than expected. If anybody is AGAINST extending the deadline please let me know, too, so that I know how much support this decision has or not.

I think a month extra should be fine, most people will be into their breaks by then, and should have had at least some free time by then.

Okay. Unless somebody complains, the deadline is moved to the 1st of July.

Since my private life has started going upside down, this is not to bad for me, either.

If real life doesn't get in the way too much, I'm game.

See my FurAffinity account, where most of my stuff is found: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/thetransformationguru/

About a week is left. Is that enough time or are there demands for another month?

I'm behind where I want to be but still hopeful I can make the deadline.

I can give a bit of a leeway of a few days, if you let me know beforehand, since I won't be able to upload all stories exactly on the 1st of July.

RL is beating the shit outta me right now.  I hope to get the story to you by next weekend.

I hope that's okay.

Sure.

Just a reminder that the deadline is on tuesday. If you are working on a story but not be able to finish it by then, tell me now, please. I will give anybody who who is already working on an entry, like Phil, additional time to finish it but only if you let me know beforehand.

i might need an extra few days because work caught up with me faster than I thought.

When will the stories be up for all to read DMan?

I am not sure yet. I promised to wait for the stories still in progress, like Dardonny's.
So I guess next week or the weekend afterwards.

An unfortunate event involving lightning caused me to not anly lose internat access but also my good copy of the story. 
I am reconstrucing it as fast as I can around work and other obligations.  It will not be as long or as refined as I want but I will submitt something in next few days.

28 (edited by darkdonny 2014-07-05 17:16)

Mine should be in tomorrow at some point. I work at a major theme park and fourth of july is our second busiest time of year besides Christmas, so I've been run ragged. I am sorry I underestimated how long this would take.

when is the new deadline?

Well, technically its over, I am just waiting for Darkdonny and Phil to finish their entries and send them to me.
Why do you ask?