Topic: About the Jellied canned meat products

If this can be done, it should work out well. 

When a user first posts, have the posts held up in a queue, with a note to the post to the effect of if you are real, your first post will go through just fine.

No spammer has ever make a coherent first post that I have ever seen.  If someone registers in order to lurk, no harm no foul (I lurk a lot on various forums and such)

Should be a way to have a setting to be able to tick off moderated posts or not for individuals.  If not ignore me.

Re: About the Jellied canned meat products

I'm starting to ban email domains. Mainly the russian ones.

There is too a plugin which tests if a user has a registered spammer-ip. I will try several things this weekend.

I think all we need is a better registration check. The standard captcha that we have has been around for a long time and I'm not surprised to see it circumvented. I think one of those methods that asks a question and you type in an answer to "prove that you are human" would be the easiest effective way to stop spammers. I'm pretty sure that's another variation of captcha. I'm also reminded of one variation where you have to piece together an image.

Hey I'm a lurker and my account (orb976) randomly stopped working this week and was gone. Did something happen?

It doesn't show up when I search for it, so it must have got deleted or something.  There's nothing in the admin panel for recently deleted accounts, only bans and banned IPs, so I can't really tell you what happened, only that your account wasn't banned.

I tested a antispam plugin earlier this week. Maybe it deleted you. That can happen if you used an IP that was used previously by a spammer. I disabled it, so it shouldn't happen again.

Sorry for that.