1 (edited by aadder 2014-04-30 06:19)

Topic: Tabletop Games

I'm an avid player of tabletop games, and have been so for a long time now. Now I've gotten a wild hair up my ass and decided to consider writing my own tabletop game in the same vein as the belial universe, possible intersecting with it if there's an option. Is there anyone on this site that shares an interest, or would just not mind posts to this nature?

Re: Tabletop Games

That sounds interesting. I'm looking forward to it. What are you thinking of, something like Battletech or Warhammer? (the only two tabletop games i know of big_smile )

I'm most familiar with DnD and Warhammer, so I'm thinking something on the order of a skirmish game like DnD or Mordheim, but with a D6 system. I'm hashing out the stat blocks for creatures right now. I want to make it a game you COULD play as a straight combat game, but it would be kinda dry if you did.

I suggest checking out Shadow Run. It uses a mutiple D6 system.
If you have other questions or need help Ask. I helped to create homebrew gaming systems from scratch in the  past.
And I stop by here almost every day checking for new posts.

Ok cool, I think I will. I've heard a lot about Shadowrun but I've never played it.

I've started writing The Rules, so here's a little bit of text to let any interested parties know what this game will be like:

You Can Play Me!
This game is going to be a tabletop game more in the vein of DnD than any other game. The game's board is largely dependent on imagination, though like DnD, having a map drawn-up for each are is very, very helpful.

This means that there will be little to no cost to investment; all you need is an pen and paper to start, and six-sided dice to start rolling. If you want to make your own maps and minifigs to add a third dimension you might need a ruler, but that's it.

What is the Universe Like?
This is a fantasy-themed game with a low technology base, hopefully able to mesh with a lot of the transformation universes out there. Chiefly I want to keep the technology base low to make ranged and melee fighters (and monsters) fully viable, as melee and mixed classes tend to suffer in games with higher levels of tech (thank you very much 40k).

I'm not nailing down a lot of the fluff, because the more I do the harder it will be to work your own narratives and characters into it. Rest assured I am developing some of my own lands, nations, monsters, peoples and maps, but they're in an imprecise nature, likely extant in a pocket dimension so you can connect it to whatever you like.

This -is- a game with a strong swords-and-sorcery theme, so be prepared for familiar-sounding classes, though they may not be identical to the typical definition. There are wizards and schools of magic, but they are all tied to transformation in some nature. Each of the eight schools of magic has a specific theme and a series of spells unique to that school that one might be able to throw.

How Strongly is this a Sexual Game?
Like Corruption of Champions and several other games, combat and sex are both viable options for character classes because both are options when a combat occurs. There are creatures (and people!) that will ignore the violent option and immediately leap into sex, and there are firm rules for making maneuvers of a sexual nature.

Stats are almost always relevant to both combat and sex, so if you think a sexy character has no need to have a high Power stat, think again. No matter what your stats and nature, however, sex and fighting are both available to you.

In addition, corruption and stability play a strong role in a character's progression. Certain events can drop your stability stat, and the lower it goes, the more likely bad things (or good!) will happen to your body. A powerful fighter who gets hit with one too many blasts of mutating milk can have his body spontaneously grow huge breasts of his own, and you can bet that will change his proclivity for sex.

Where Will the Rules Be?
The development of this game is going to depend on support from the community. I'm looking to speak to people here and on other sites, and depending on what I hear back I will be more or less motivated to post things and work on things. If this is something you're interested in, reply here and let me know.

I'm also going to start posting things to my FurAffinity account, located  here:
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/aadder/

All the best, you guys.

Sounds like an interesting idea. It'd be a nice change from the usual text-based sex TF games like "Corruption of Champions" and Nimin.

See my FurAffinity account, where most of my stuff is found: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/thetransformationguru/

I agree wink i'll follow this closely!

9 (edited by aadder 2014-04-12 05:35)

I'm glad to hear there's some interest! I'm actually quite pleased, as I now know of two people in my area that are interesting in playing this game with me the next time we see each other. Progress!

Here's a big update with all the primary stats that are relevant to gameplay:  WARNING: LONG.

Character Stats

All creatures have attributes, or stats, to dictate their relative abilities. Below are the names and descriptions of each stat, as well as the common abbreviation in parentheses next to the name. Beneath the stat’s description is a relative scale of what a stat number means. For all stats except health, energy and stability, a 5 represents an average person in each field.

Stats Explained

There are eight stats are general attributes: Skill, Power, Resistance, Discipline, Magnetism, Health, Energy and Stability. They describe a creature’s general capabilities that they might use in any situation. The last five are sexual stats; they are rarely relevant for non-sexual acts, save for when they may make small modifiers to normal actions.

Any stat of 0 is considered non-existent, and a creature will automatically fail a task dependent on this stat. A creature with skill of 0 cannot possible make an attack. A creature with a Magnetism of 0 cannot persuade anyone of anything. A sex stat of zero will not be displayed, simply to save space, and to indicate that actions involving that body part simply cannot be taken.

Skill (Sk):
Skill represents the accuracy of a creature when making attacks. This stat represents a creature’s general ability in body-eye coordination, and is used when making attacks both in melee and at range. It also modifies certain sexual attacks and making deft movements.
1-2:  unable to manipulate tools
3: hopelessly clumsy
4: uncoordinated
6: practiced at sports or sparring
7: veteran of one particular skill
8+: One of the best in their field.

Power (P):
This stat measures how mighty a creature is in melee, and how capable it is at moving physical objects or altering terrain. It also modifies certain sexual attacks.
1-2: feeble to an embarrassing degree
3: strains to lift a heavy book
4: easily strained by combat
6: regularly lifts weights
7: can heft another person with little effort
8+: able to toss heavy weights a considerable distance, dent metal armor with a strong blow

Resistance (R):
Resistance indicates how hard it is to deal damage to a creature. A creature with high resistance can resist an attack without taking any damage whatsoever, whether from another creature or from the environment.
1-2: paper cuts cause profuse bleeding
3: bruises quite easily
4: particularly sensitive to heat, cold and pressure
6: rough skin with a leathery texture
7: registers little pain to being cut or burned
8+: arrows have difficulty penetrating skin

Discipline (D):
Discipline represents the mental power of a creature. It represents how willing a creature is to stay in a fight, concentrate on a task, or resist temptation. Discipline also governs a creature’s ability to perform calculations and solve puzzles.
1-2: extremely gullible, low intelligence
3: easy to confuse or puzzle
4: willing to change opinion
6: argues with skill, some ability in arithmetic
7: skill debater, has knowledge advanced theorems
8+: impossible to out-think

Magnetism (M):
Magnetism is a creature’s attractiveness, charisma and sex appeal all rolled into one stat. It represents a general summation of how persuasive or appealing a creature is.
1-2: ugly like Steve Buscemi
3: unattractive and smelly
4: one or two unattractive features
6: a few features that really catch the eye, well-groomed
7: could sell almost any product, smells wonderful
8+: embodiment of beauty

Health (H):
Every time a creature takes damage it loses health. When a creature is reduced to zero health, it is removed from the game or falls unconscious, depending on the source of the damage it takes.
Relative scale: A person with a stat of 10 is average.
Every point above 10 is another point that must be removed before that creature is defeated.

Energy (E):
Energy dictates how many actions a creature can take before becoming exhausted. Energy recovers over time, so some actions may be made every turn. If a creature is reduced to zero energy, it falls unconscious. Generally, sexual attacks remove points of energy rather than health.
Every point above 10 is another point that must be removed before that creature becomes weakened, and is another point that may be expended to perform actions.

Stability (St):
Stability is a creature’s attachment to its current form. The more stable a creature is, the harder it is to change that form. Conversely, if a creature’s stability is low enough, it may change shape of its own accord.
Note that Stability can never rise above 10.
As soon as stability starts to fall, mutations and changes start to occur. Once stability hits 0, a creature ceases to exist, and becomes an amorphous blob of flesh.

Penis Size (Pe):
The larger a creature’s penis, the more completely it can fill a given cavity. This is the chief sex stat for male creatures, but skill and power govern sexual acts made with a penis as well. The larger a penis however, the harder it is to make deft movements.
1-2: embarrassingly small
3: 3 inches, entirely too skinny
4: 4-5 inches, a little thin
6: 7-8 inches, a bit fat
7: 10-11 inches, seriously thick
8+: over a foot-long and massive

Vaginal Size (V):
The more perfect the fit, the more pleasurable sex can be. This stat is important for sex acts, as it governs compatibility between a vagina and a penis (or other object). As with a penis though, a larger vagina can be quite cumbersome.
1-2: highly difficult to fit anything inside, and perhaps difficult to find on the body
3: very tight, visibly smaller mound
4: a bit snug
6: a bit loose, lips are always visible
7: average penises receive quite a bit less pleasure, lips hang from the body a little
8+: requires a massive partner, outer lips hang like curtains

Ass Size(A):
Similar to the above stat, ass size governs the nature of a creature’s rear end. The vast majority of creatures have a butt that they might use during sex, and this stat governs its dimensions. Note that this stat governs both the size of the creature’s gluteal muscles and the nature of their back door.
1-2: provides essentially no padding to the hip joint
3: small and not the least bit cushy
4: a bit on the small size, but still pleasing in shape perhaps
6: supple and bouncy
7: stretches typical leg-wear harshly
8+: typical pants fail to accommodate a caboose of this size; mighty cheeks

Breast Size (B):
The bigger the breasts, the better! This stat simply measures a creature’s breast size, and is relevant to the sex acts a creature can be involved in. Large breasts are just as much an obstacle as a large penis or vagina. This stat also governs how much pleasure can be given during certain sex acts.
1-2: small a-cups to nonexistent
3: large a-cups or small b-cups
4: moderate b-cups
6: D cups
7: E to F cups
8+: Seriously huge breasts

Mouth Size (Mo):
This dictates the size of a creatures mouth, lips and tongue and is relevant to the pleasure that can be given during oral sex. Skill is also a governor of this, however.
1-2: mouth barely able to accommodate food
3: a tiny, immature-looking mouth
4: small mouth with thin lips
6: full lips and a wet, large tongue
7: a mouth with a large capacity surrounded by enormous lips
8+: cartoonish lips with a long, lolling tongue

Hey to anyone that's listening: I've uploaded a story in the Transformation Stories section that relates to the universe of the game. As stated in the story, I have conceived of a name for the game: Empire of the Opal. Check the story out! It's got a little taste of a few things in the game! More updates to come on character construction.