1 (edited by WatchesYou... 2015-09-07 18:29)

Topic: God damn these ads!

Can we please do something about these people leaving ads on the message boards. Please tell me I am not the only one getting sick of these things.

Re: God damn these ads!

I wish i had time for fixing the email-registration and upgrade the captcha. But unfortunately i haven't and i won't have until winter. So, unless we find someone with linux-skills, who can be trusted, we can't do anything about it.

Until you or someone else can get that fixed I log on twice a day to check for Ad-bombers and I do the best I can.   It's always pretty easy to tell what they are, so I'm not sure why Watchesyou is getting so worked up about them.  At worst they only take 5-10 seconds to back out of their thread and most of the time you wouldn't even open their threads, since it's pretty easy to see that they're some sort of ad.

Yeah I try reporting every chance I can, too.
The thread titles are easy to spot indeed, no connection with the subjects we discuss around here.

all I wanna know is why target this site?

Because they are bots, which target every site.

annon wrote:

Yeah I try reporting every chance I can, too.
The thread titles are easy to spot indeed, no connection with the subjects we discuss around here.

I would read the content before reporting, not to made a mistake.

I was a member of the zetaboard old forum.
I do not know why I could not register at the no-ip forum before, only it was possible now.