Topic: Literature support has been added to extramorphs.com!

Hello, all! I'm not a particularly active member of this community, but I am likely at least somewhat known by a few of its members. I am not much of a writer—I do photomanipulations—but I've also taken up maintenance of Extramorphs's website, extramorphs.com.

The website has traditionally been home to nothing more than multi-related photomanipulations, and was until recently strictly Extra's morphs (hence the name), but this past Spring I took the opportunity to rewrite the site, and since then I have been adding new features to the site. I am looking to eventually make it more than just a site for photomanips, and I'd love to make it something of a hub for the multi community. DeviantArt kicked a lot of us photomanipulators out, and I figured it was time to move to something more reliable.

Today, I added support for text posts, not just images. This has been a long time coming, but it's finally done, and we are now interested in allowing some writers to post to the site. This community seems to be one of the more active ones, story-wise, so I thought I'd extend a hand.

However, currently, not just anyone can sign up for an account and post images or literature to the site freely. We are in the process of transitioning to a more open site model, but in the mean time, user accounts must be manually given the privilege to post content. This is to try and prevent spam or information overload as we accumulate additional artists and authors. That said, if you are interested, send me some of your writing, and I'll likely be happy to give you access to the site.

If you're interested, there are probably a few things you should know:

• Text submissions may be formatted using HTML or Markdown.

• The literature system is relatively new, so there may be a few minor bugs. However, it should be quite stable at this point in time.

• The current tagging system is rather primitive, and will likely be rewritten very soon. As it stands, the tag set is limited to a few pre-set possibilities, and the presets were created with photomanipulations in mind, not stories. Making this a more general system is a top priority, and should be implemented within a few weeks at the most.

• Content-wise, it might be best to keep things a little bit mellow for the time being. I am aware that Belial and "mellow" don't exactly mesh too well, haha, and we do eventually want to open the site to pretty much anything and everything, but it would be good to start with some stories with more universal appeal. That doesn't mean they can't be strange or creative, but for now, it would be good to keep them fairly straightforward and probably fairly fur-free. Again, this isn't a steadfast rule, and hopefully the guidelines will be relaxed over time (the last thing we want is to introduce more needless censorship), but we have an existing audience to deal with, and we don't want to immediately scare them away.

I am making this offer because I think it can benefit everyone involved. We're looking for fresh content, and writers in turn get to post their work on a site that gets hundreds of hits per day. There is a built-in comment and favoriting system as well to allow for user interaction.

Basically, if you're interested, reply to this thread or send me a PM. I'm happy to answer any questions anyone might have. We do want to sort of "ease in" the literature functionality to prevent a sudden influx of existing stories, but we'd love to try and unify the community just a little bit more. It's fragmented enough as it is.

Thank you all for maintaining a wonderful community here! If there are any qualms you have, or if there is anything I can do that would make things better, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Re: Literature support has been added to extramorphs.com!

I'll give it a shot!