1 (edited by finaro 2016-04-29 23:58)

Topic: Vampires and Werewolves in Assiah?

Let's say if you introduced the possibility of Vampires and Werewolves into the Legend of Beliali universe, how would they work?

Maybe perhaps the Vampires would resemble the Tzimsice from Vampire: The Masquerade  and Brian Lumley's Necroscope series in the world of beliali? Especially if you adopted the Vicissitude ability from Masquerade which fits perfectly in Belali's Transformation themes.

Of course the Werewolves though would be a field day which maybe it could be a certain strain of the B virus that transforms one into a bipedal wolf? Also if shapeshifting is even possible in the Belali universe concerning the fact alot of the transformations are seemingly permanent which kinda makes the shapeshifting possibility kinda hard to implement unless I'm wrong though.

Of course though if we're talking about supernatural creatures from outside the Beliali universe which are from the WoD for example and if they came to Assiah such as Vampires, Werewolves, Mages, Wraiths, Prometheans, Changelings/Faeries, etc would they be immune to Mana transformations like D-Cum, Dakini Worms, Transformation machines, The Greater Demons (especially Karma), etc? Since supernatural beings are already not human so there has to be some immunity to Transformations to balance things out or make the world of Assiah more easier to transverse without the fear of getting Permanently Transformed? Since I don't want to limit myself to Robots...

Re: Vampires and Werewolves in Assiah?

In reference to total immunity, I'm pretty sure only demons and half demons can become immune to unwanted shifts (they change back at speeds dependent on their power) and i don't  think bots are part of the canon stories.

A person who has had a magic seal placed on their form would be mostly immune to casual transformations, but inept or weak seals might get picked apart.  Trick is, the source determines the power.  Alchemy or mortal sorcery can create seals but the seals created by avatars or the great demons would be borderline unbreakable.

Seals tend to be placed after a transformation  by a demon or whatever to keep someone from spoilling their art or fun.  I imagine a normal person can be sealed but it prevents transformations entirely, not allowing for "tourist" transformations.

Honestly if you were looking to have a story character that doesn't  get transformed permanently, you're  probably looking at a half-demon who's better at controlling their form than other peoples.

As far as variable transformations,  like a werewolf, the few examples in LoB are not controlled by the target, instead tiied to a specific circumstance. I.e. you orgasm, full moon, get aroused, etc.

Another is wearing a transformee like clothing to enjoy a temporary change (for the wearer, not the worn).

Realistically,  thematically, permanent transformations are the POINT of the Assaiah world, and why most of us are here poking, reading and writing.  It's  the central theme.

The easiest way to make a non-transforming mortal is to have them be a bystander to the events, not a participant.

Re: Vampires and Werewolves in Assiah?

I can only speak for canon Belial, as the Expanded Universe is basically a free for all and whatever alternative version people want to make.

In the canon universe, there are no crossovers. No interdimensional travel, no intergalactic visitors, no supernatural gods, no exchange of characters or subjects from other fictional universes, etc. Belial stays self-contained.

I thought about the possiblity of vampires and werewolves but never found a satisfieing place for them, as some of their trademark characteristics just don't fit in well with the physics and metaphysics of Belial. Vampires could be anything from a species of human mutants/transformees to a specific type or cult of half-demons or even full demons, even though some weaknesses would need some good explanation (e.g. why would a Belianese demon suffer from sunlight?). Its just that the classic vampire offers little in the way of sexual transformations.

Werewolves offer more in the way of transformations but the nature of a temporary transformation would need a good explanation, e.g. the careful work of a demon/magician or some other very unique and specific cause. Being not a big fan of werewolves myself, I just never took the time to create one.