Topic: Bestiary: Man Eaters

The Man Eater centaur-transformation manga is one of my favorites and one that I revisit often:
B&W: https://hitomi.la/galleries/694556.html
Color: https://hitomi.la/galleries/694085.html

And this inspired me into thinking: In the world of Legends of Belial, what if instead of horses, Man Eaters live in symbiosis with humans and are the main mode of transportation?

Magical transformation has been a constant in the world of LoB (at least since the appearance of Great Demons), so naturally it would have evolutionary effects on the natural symbiosis between organisms. Thus it would make sense that certain species would co-evolve alongside humans, especially those domesticated for human use. Thus Man Eaters could exist alongside human civilization in a sort of mutualistic symbiosis.

Applying sexual transformation to the idea of animal domestication, as in the example I provide here, would be a really fun idea. This video from CGP Grey comes to mind, showing how animal domestication affects the development of human civilization: https://youtu.be/JEYh5WACqEk?t=389.

I would really like to see this idea built upon. It could even be expanded to include the bacteria and parasites that affect humans and animals alike, and even changing the nature of plagues which are gone over in the first half of that video. I know that the B-virus is one such example in the world of LoB.

Anyways, below is what I think Man Eaters replacing horses would be like. I will add another post later but free to comment on what I have.

------------------------------------

Re: Bestiary: Man Eaters

Man Eater

Transformation Method: Integration
Aggression: Low (Domesticated), High (Wild)
Transformative Danger: Low (Domesticated), High (Wild)
Note: The last known population of wild man eaters were last recorded in 551.

Man eaters were not always the loyal, domesticated animals that we know them as today. Ancient records show that man eaters were once a creature to be feared, roving in packs attacking villages and taking large numbers of victims away with them.

Their general appearance is thus. They are large, muscular quadrupedal creatures standing on four hooves with a tail consisting of many fine hairs. There are male and female variants, best differentiated between the hind legs by a large penis that averages 46 centimeters in length when erect.  However, hermaphroditic specimens occur in rare circumstances.

Where one would expect the head of a normal creature to be, it instead has a wide mouth that opens up into four parts that reveals a mass of thick, powerful tentacles that they use to ensnare victims

https://i.imgur.com/6G8VxON.png

Using these tentacles, man eaters engulf human victims up to their waist, thus giving the creatures their moniker. Although they are called man eaters, none of the human victim is actually digested. Then, using a special tentacle, they penetrate the victim via the vagina or anus.

Here it is important to make a distinction. Female man eaters go after male victims, and male man eaters go after female victims. In the case of hermaphroditic man eaters or human victims, they are compatible with either sex.

After penetration, this special tentacle ejaculates a special type of cum that acts as a powerful aphrodisiac and facilitates the integration process, connecting the victim's and the man eater's senses together. At this point, the integrated human and man eater are collectively referred to as a centaur.

The integration process is alarmingly quick. The man eater, being a highly aggressive and sexual creature, corrupts the human victim's mind with intense sexual need. This corruption of the mind is so powerful that integrated victims have been known to even rape unintegrated family members, believing this to be an expression of their love. A man eater's sexual fluids are both an aphrodisiac and a sedative. Unintegrated victims are thus rendered powerless to fight back and can even become cooperative. In this way, they incapacitate others to be more readily integrated, or in cases where there are not enough man eaters, they are captured to be integrated at a later time.

Man eaters can be broken up into three main subgroups, identified by the coloration of their fur, from white to brown to black. Specimens are often somewhere in between and can have mottled or spotted patterns.

Brown specimens are the most common of them. Less common are white specimens, which are the smallest and least ferocious of them. Black man eaters are the rarest and most dangerous. They are the strongest and largest breed, and selectively seek equally powerful victims with which to integrate.

Fortunately, man eaters breed slowly, and sometime during the Age of Changes, mankind was able to subjugate man eater and centaur populations. Our ancestors later took white man eaters with their more timid nature, and somehow bred them into a docile domesticated species with which integration is no longer permanent. This domestication has since spread to include the brown and black subgroups of man eaters, though at smaller numbers. It was this domestication that directly led to the beginnings of true human civilization, with man eaters providing civilian and military applications such as mounted cavalry and transportation of people and goods.

It was only with the domestication of man eaters that the real reason for man eaters attacking and integrating humans became known. Popular theory once held that man eaters sought out humans in order to gain a higher intelligence and make their species stronger. While that certainly occurred, the true reason is twofold: Firstly, man eaters require human sexual fluids for sustenance. In other words, the integration of humans acts as a continual source of food for the man eater, with the man eater's tentacles periodically inducing orgasms from their human hosts. Secondly and most importantly, man eaters require the integration of humans to procreate. For reasons yet unknown, fertility in female man eaters is only possible after integration, and male man eaters require integration for sexual release. This supports the theory of co-evolution of species between man eaters and humans.

A survey of man eaters' role in modern society shall be included in a future entry.