Topic: Easter contest

Hello boys/girls and the in between.

The Halloween contest went really well and although no winner was declared I really enjoyed all the stories produced, but one of the complaints people had was not enough time, as such I thought starting a discussion now whilst Easter is just under two months away was a good idea.

Potential rules
- Deadline of April 23rd, one week after Easter Sunday.
- Minimum of 5,000 words
- Transformation based on the Easter theme of new life or on more modern aspects like chocolate and the Easter bunny
   E.g. Pregnancy, laying eggs, lactation, flowers, light animal influence like feathers, udders and so on.
- Potentially based around a festival set in Belial universe similar to demons eve and since Easter and Halloween are about 5-6 months apart could be linked

Any thoughts on the idea please post below.

Re: Easter contest

I'd be up for it.  Then again I'm always up for a writing challenge.  I know organized religion doesn't exist in the Belial universe, so that gives us a bit of leeway to work with.  I liked your idea of new life, so what about this?  The Festival (would need to come up with a name) celebrates those who have given up their old lives to become objects or part of someone else.  For example, living sex toys or genital fusions.  Changes where the person is still there, but not really as an independent entity anymore (Identity death transformation, for lack of a more polite term).  The Festival could be a way to remember those who have undergone such a change, and a time when others go through it.   Does this sound appealing to other writers?

3 (edited by groundon462 2017-02-26 06:14)

Re: Easter contest

Redstar00 wrote:

I'd be up for it.  Then again I'm always up for a writing challenge.  I know organized religion doesn't exist in the Belial universe, so that gives us a bit of leeway to work with.  I liked your idea of new life, so what about this?  The Festival (would need to come up with a name) celebrates those who have given up their old lives to become objects or part of someone else.  For example, living sex toys or genital fusions.  Changes where the person is still there, but not really as an independent entity anymore (Identity death transformation, for lack of a more polite term).  The Festival could be a way to remember those who have undergone such a change, and a time when others go through it.   Does this sound appealing to other writers?

That may be too limited, that sort of transformation seems rare in a world where transformations are already supposed to be rare. Maybe that could be the focus in Freya's realm but outside of it maybe there should be additional elements. This could be  the day when the most new demons, avatars and half demons are created or something like that.