Topic: Odues' Oddities: A Question of Fame - by pczelda

http://pczelda.deviantart.com/art/A-Que … e-28650806

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Odues' Oddities:
A Question of Fame
By pczelda

Trevor Hytlan considered himself a rather ordinary man. Short black hair, small close-set eyes, a short tapered nose and rather big, round lips barely made a contrast with the round shape of his head. Between himself being a struggling songwriter, and his wife's waitress job at the local restaurant, he found it hard to even keep food on their table at times. They lived just on the outskirts of a major city, just far enough so they could usually enjoy peace and quiet, but not so far that it was out of walking distance (distance for a good work-out, that is).

They were currently experiencing one of those hard times. Cursing loudly, he banged the desk hard that his typewriter rested on, in which a blank page rested, and jumping up, left his workroom. As he approached the front door, his wife called out to him, "Honey, where are you going?"

"I'm just going to go on a walk to the city, honey. I'm currently out of song ideas, and figure a walk would do me good!"

"Alright. Just make sure you're back by dinnertime! I'm not sure what we're gonna be able to do for dinner, but I'm sure we'll think of something."

He looked at his watch. It was half-past nine o'clock in the morning. "Okay, honey. I'll be sure to do that!" He opened the front door and began his trek to the city. After about a half-hour of brisk walking, he finally reached the city, and started strolling down one of the streets, trying to decide what store he might look in. He finally decided on a nearby bookstore, and entering, walked to the magazine rack.

Passing the section of the magazine rack that contained magazines like Playboy, he thought of his wife. He loved her supermodel-quality looks, from her long beautiful brown-colored hair, down past her sumptuous hourglass figure, down to her shapely legs. There was only one thing that he didn't like much about her body, which he constantly wished were different.

Finally, after having tried in vain to get his mind off his work by looking at various golfing and car magazines, he gave up, and in frustration left the store. He reached the end of the street and turned to walk down the one crossing it on the left. Walking down it, he started reading off store names. "Baskin's, Ludivore's, Jewel of the Nile, Gram's Boutique..." Suddenly he stopped. There was a store between Baskin's and Jewel of the Nile that he had never noticed before. Looking at the sign overhead, he read,

Odues' Oddities

Proprieter: Samuel Odues

"ËœThis is weird,' Trevor thought, noticing the full-sized store, which only a few minutes ago had been a small alleyway, the width of which had to be about a third the size of the store. Stranger still, it almost seemed like he was in a time warp; the storefront looked like a saloon from the Old West, small swinging doors and all!

Walking inside, he quickly noticed the strange junk that seemed to fill every nook and cranny in the shop; there wasn't even any sign of a cashier's counter! In fact, it was almost hard to find a path to walk through, since so much of the floor was taken up with the stuff. On one of the shelves, he noticed what looked like a shrunken human hand, which he began to reach out for.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," said a strange masculine voice, "unless you're not afraid of a potentially horrid outcome." Looking around, he jumped in surprise. Moments before, where there had just been junk, sat the cashier's counter, about 5 feet away from where he was standing. Even stranger still was the old man who was standing behind the counter. He had shoulder-length hair, which was tied into a ponytail. His face had many wrinkles in it, above which was a neatly trimmed goatee, which matched his hair in color. His black suit had a little dust on it to indicate age, but other than that, Trevor thought it was rather nice; he also had on a plain gray undershirt. His piercing eyes provided quite a contrast to his old appearance, causing Trevor to stare; the eyes made the strange man look as if he couldn't be more than twenty.

"Ah, Trevor Hytlan, I've been expecting you," the old man said.

"You have quite an interesting shop here," said Trevor, starting to walk toward the man behind the counter.

"Thank you. I have grown rather attached to it over the years."

Just then Trevor's eyes got big. "Wait a minute, how did you know my name? I've never seen you before. Never mind, I'm not sure I want to know. It is, however, rude to not introduce yourself first."

"Of course. My name is Samuel Odues, which I'm sure you saw on my sign outside. You may not understand this, but I know a lot about you. I know that you're a struggling songwriter, while your beautiful wife Erika has to make due with being a waitress. Yes," Samuel said when Trevor's eyes got big again, "I know a lot about your wife too. How you bumped into her one day about five years ago when she was looking for a modeling agency, and you yourself were looking for someone to buy your songs.

"It was quite the courtship, and a couple years later you married in the small church that your wife grew up in. You haven't yet had much luck finding one who would buy, and your wife hasn't had a good run of fortune either. As I recall, several agencies took her in because of her stunning beauty, only to get angry at her and kick her out because she is a klutz and somehow she managed to accidentally destroy the photographer's camera or some other very important piece of equipment. She felt forced to take one of the only jobs she could, and that's where she is today.

"I also know why you came here today. You don't like much that your wife has small A-cup-sized breasts. Being a breast lover, you'd love for a chance to change that."

Shock came across Trevor's face. "How did you know about that? I haven't told that to a single living soul, not even my wife!"

"I thought you didn't want to know the methods with which I know so much," Samuel said with a sly grin.

"Okay," Trevor said, "never mind. But I'm wondering, how can you help me?"

"Ah! Shall we get to business?" stated Samuel, who disappeared for a moment into the back room, then came back out carrying a case that looked like it was covered in some weird kind of leather that Trevor had never seen before. Opening it up, he pulled out a statue that seemed to be made out of glass. It was carved with an almost haunting beauty, and showed a woman with a nice figure and breasts, in fact she looked perfect in every way. He was surprised to even see perfect skin, considering what the statue seemed to be made out of.

"What is that?" asked Trevor.

"This," said Samuel, "is known as the Venutia Statue. Named after the Roman goddess of beauty, Venus herself, it can cause the user to have whatever he wishes for most in his heart. You just hold this upwards and from the right distance away from your intended target, so that you can look through it and see your intended target's body through it, so that his or her form fully fills the statue's. Make your wish then, and you can't fail!"

"Wait a minute. How do I know you're for real and this will really do what you say it will?"

"Ah," said Samuel, "are you telling me that even after all I share my knowledge with you about you and your wife, that you're still skeptical?"

"Well, it's just that, since I grew up in a poor family, and my growing up was hard, I'm always of the belief not to take anything with a grain of salt. I was very careful after I met Erika, and it took a while for me to realize that she really loved me."

"Let me tell you what I'll do, just for you." Holding out the statue at arm's length in front of him, he started chanting some strange words. After about five minutes, he finally stopped and looked again at Trevor. "I have just chanted an ancient spell on this statue. If and when you use it, the statue will also give you the added benefit of you and your wife becoming famous, in addition to your wish. What do you say?"

It sounded too good to be true. "How much?" asked Trevor, reaching into his pocket and pulling out his wallet.

"For you, Trevor, no money is needed. Just sign your name to this scroll."

Eagerly, Trevor grabbed the pen from Odues' long outstretched fingers and signed, noticing the strange red ink as he signed. After he signed the scroll, Odues put it away and saying, "I believe this is now yours," handed the statue to Trevor.

When Trevor took it, he seemed to notice the statue's breasts wobbling, as if they were real. Not sure if he was imagining it, he turned to walk from the store. "Oh, I almost forgot," stated Samuel, "after your wish is granted, if you don't like the effects, you can take them back and make one replacement wish. But only if the statue remains undamaged. If you wish for the replacement, repeat the process of how you wished before, first saying you want to remove your previous wish. Be careful, because not only will breaking it make the changes permanent, but whatever changes it causes will finish even after it is broken." With that, Trevor walked out of the store and homeward.

Finally reaching home, he called out very excitedly to his wife. "Erika, come here! I have something to show you!" She came running in to the hallway where he was standing, then stopped when she noticed the statue he was holding.

"What's that, honey?" she asked him.

"This is the Venutia Statue. Stand a little ways away and I'll show you." When she moved back some, he raised it in front of him, so he saw her body through it like Odues said, and made his wish. Slowly, her breasts started to grow. Gradually, they began to push against her tight blouse, causing her to gasp in pain, and when they finally stopped, some of the buttons on her blouse had popped off and he could see her breasts poking through several places in the now-ruined blouse.

"What is the meaning of this?!?" Erika asked, getting angry, "I thought you were content about how my body looked. You've told me time and time again how beautiful you thought I looked. Now, you make me go through pain, ruin a perfectly good blouse, which I obviously can't wear anymore, all so I can help you flesh out your boob FETISH?" He cringed as she shouted the last word.

"No, honey," said Trevor, fighting to keep his voice calm, "you were beautiful before, but now you're absolutely breathtaking!"

The anger in her started to subside then. "Do you really think so?" she asked him. She never could stand up to him when he said things like that to her.

"Of course. I'm always so proud to have you as my wife."

Her eyes starting to well up a little, they came toward each other, starting to embrace and kiss each other. As Trevor was putting his arms around Erika, his hand that was holding the statue brushed past her cheek. They pulled into a deep kiss, only for Erika to push him away after a few moments.

"What's wrong, honey?" asked Trevor.

"I don't know. I just feel weird." She rushed away toward the bathroom, Trevor following. Just as he was reaching the bathroom, he heard a scream from inside. Rushing forward, he put out the hand that wasn't holding the statue and pushed open the door. Something strange was happening to Erika. Where her cheeks should have been, there were now two big mounds, which swelled out and downwards, pulling on her face slightly. "What's happening to me, honey?" she asked, her words slightly muffled since the huge mounds made it harder for her to open her mouth to speak. When two nipples and areolas formed, they both realized in horror that they were breasts.

In shock, he looked down at his hands, having forgotten that he was still holding the statue. It was now very strange looking; the cheeks of the statue had also swelled out and turned into breasts. Realizing something, he said, "Honey, come with me into the living room. I think we can reverse this!"

They both walked out into the living room, where Trevor began to raise the statue up to his eye. But he accidentally brushed the statue against both of his arms while he was doing attempting this. With a sudden force, his two hands suddenly and painfully snapped in the direction of his palms, causing the statue to fly away from him very fast, smashing on their nearby dinner table.

Because of the inhuman angle shown where his hands met his wrists, it looked like his hands should have fallen off. Staring in shock, he watched as his hands slowly moved up his arms out of his control, "eating" where they traveled past, making loud chewing noises, so that there was nothing left behind. One of the worst things about this was that he could feel every movement the fingers made through the fingertips, his sensitivity no less than normal. His wife had resumed her screaming through his ordeal, the screams sounding strange coming from between her cheek breasts.

When his hands reached the top of his shoulders, they suddenly stopped eating. There they began to melt into his shoulder, causing his rings to clatter to the floor. Where his hands had melted, only two lumps of flesh remained, which then proceeded to expand. They both knew what was happening long before the big female nipples and areolas formed. He walked around his living room, still in shock, watching his new shoulder breasts bounce up and down, which had swelled up so that they were as big as his wife's.

Just when they thought their experience couldn't get any worse, suddenly the front door opened and a reporter rushed into their living room. At Travis' and his wife's surprised glances, he said, "This is where that strange old man said I could get the scoop of a lifetime, just five minutes ago!" Before Travis and Erika could even think of hiding, and while holding some strange ancient-looking trinket, the reporter snapped many pictures of their upper torsos and faces. "Indeed, this will be great for The Daily Trumpeter!"

Unnoticed in all the ruckus, the pieces of the broken statue began to evaporate off the dinner table. Elsewhere, Odues opened the case, where what looked like liquid filled it, which reformed to become the Venutia Statue, just as if the chaos that just ensued had never happened.

THE END.

Story Copyright 2006 by pczelda
"Samuel Odues" and "Odues' Oddities" are creations of and ©Mr_Mergers